Regret level/lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m roughly 2 months into a 2014 Tahoe SSV. The back of the truck sat to high in my opinion and wanted a level ride, been there with lift kits etc on my previous trucks. I purchased the 2” drop Bell tech kit that included bump stops and shock brackets from Tony here on the site.

The ride is great like the leveled stance the truck now has. Going thru turns at speed is now a breeze.

Lifting the truck or dropping the front wasn’t in consideration as I do tow an enclosed 14’ Boy Scout trailer for my sons Troop. I also occasionally go off road up on my property or down “firetrails” for the Scouts.

Paul
5trmtpr

Well come on now, wheres the pics lol?

Crossfire

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 07 and put in Rancheros leveling struts, made my truck level, it was really low in front plus the struts have 9 adjustments for tailoring rebound, stiffer/lighter ended up working great with nice ride.

FatDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the 1.5 front level lift in a 2012 Eski and no regrets at all! Looks much better, doesn't have that front end dragging look anymore.

Akinshake

Reaction score
I dropped it 2.5 in the back to level it. Love the look and ride at first. Got it from Tony also. Rides rough now but because of the MagnaRide going out. About to pull trigger on fox coil overs and lift the back to stock plus an 1” spacer. Still finishing up my research but the fox coil overs seem to be the consensus.

E25C0738-D57F-41CD-B9C9-A11D87F16A21.jpeg

cireallin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone with a level/lift that regrets doing it? If so, what would you have done different?? Just looking for downsides before pulling the trigger...thx
I don't regret my leveling kits one bit on the last 2 vehicles I did it on. I am now adding the shock extension kits from SuspensionMAXX on both Yukon and Tahoe to prevent unnecessary load on shock travel distance. Outside of that, I love the stance, cost and size of tire that a leveling kit provides.

FatDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As previously mentioned I did the 1.5" on our Escalade, which led me to doing a 1.5 in our new Denali.

This looked okay but after doing more research and looking at even more pictures, I ended up raising the front another 1/2", so now it's at 2" over stock. It looks great and we could not be happier! Other then the fact of doing it twice.......LOL

I would highly recommend the Suspension Maxx adjustable front level lift and then doing 2".

cireallin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As previously mentioned I did the 1.5" on our Escalade, which led me to doing a 1.5 in our new Denali.

This looked okay but after doing more research and looking at even more pictures, I ended up raising the front another 1/2", so now it's at 2" over stock. It looks great and we could not be happier! Other then the fact of doing it twice.......LOL

I would highly recommend the Suspension Maxx adjustable front level lift and then doing 2".
+1 on SuspensionMaxx. I went with 2.5"/1" on both a Tahoe and Yukon. No regrets on either setup.

Blackout7c

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
6" rough country lift, 35s on 22s, 2" spacers on the rear wheels to even them out with the front. I like a stiffer ride so I can feel the road better and that's what I ended up with, but it's not rough or uncomfortable by any means. The fuel economy suffered from larger radius and heavier wheel/tire, also from more ground clearance, but I would absolutely do it again. I like the added clearance and the stance, but will probably do 35 on 20 at some point just for tire cost (I do like the look of the 22s though). If you tow you'll need to get a substantial drop hitch, the standard ones will still leave your trailer pretty tilted

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645