Recall Notice in the Mail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else got the letter also?

It's for 2 recalls.

1. Transmission cooler
2. Radio freezing up

I haven't had any issues with my trans cooler that I am aware of, but the radio...yeah it happens a lot. I was hoping they'd do a recall on the clicking seat and squeaky exhaust valve...but I guess my home-brew fixes will stay in place.

Going to take her in next week after the holiday. Wonder what all the trans cooler recall entails.

BobMc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Build date?

Do you know the build date of your vehicle?

Thanks!
Bob

Last edited:

hamd1719

Reaction score
Can u post a picture for the recall in the mail

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Tylus

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
took the Tahoe to the Dealership today. My letter only addressed 2 recalls, but the service writer ended up saying I had 4 recalls total.

A82FFC2B-7156-42F3-9ECD-663DA3FC1A3C_zps40t35tv2.jpg

They've had it all day trying to get just 1 recall done. The PCM reprogram isn't working. Tech had tried flashing the PCM 5 times with no success. Apparently you have to wait 1 hr between flash attempts.

Hopefully the damn AFM (V-4 mode) crap can get fixed while they have it. I am so tired of the rumbling. Feels like a tire is out of balance whenever that shit is active.
Do you know the build date of your vehicle?

Thanks!
Bob
sorry, can't look at the door jamb right now. I've had it since June 2014. It's been in Hawaii since May 2014...so it's a very early production 2015 model.

OP
OP
Tylus

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well they broke the PCM. Car is immobile and they don't know why

Rental till ???

hamd1719

Reaction score
How did they manage to break the PCM

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny,
I just brought home my new winter plow whip, a GMC 2500HD SLT double cab. The next day, I had transmission fluid all over my garage floor from a bad transmission cooler connection.
Must be a problem there..

OP
OP
Tylus

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They tried putting me into a Cruze? I kinda made a huge scene on showroom floor about the situation. Came in with a functioning vehicle that they paperwieghted and now they want to put a family of six into a economy car.

Frak that BS!

Ended up in another 2015 Tahoe. But get this

The rental Tahoe is suffering from the locking up radio and PCM glitches also! Noticed the interior lights flashing immediately after we started it up.

How did they manage to break the PCM

No idea. It happened during the 6th attempt at updating. Service Manager said it typically takes 2-3 attempts for the PCM programming to work. My Taboe isn't the first one they've had the PCM lock up on :wtf:

OP
OP
Tylus

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM developed another way of programming the PCM. They revived my PCM from DOA status and did the last 2 updates.

Didn't fix the interior lights flashing.

The freon sticker from factory had incorrect Freon amount. So they have been over-filling some Tahoes with too much Freon. Mine had the entire charge evacuated and properly refilled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts