Diesel Engine Incorrect Calibration? N212355140

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zkeegan4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I had the N212355140 recall done on my 22 Chevy suburban w/ 3.0 and all I can say is DONT DO IT. My low end torque is gone now and my fuel economy went to shit. I’m trying to get the old software back

OP
OP
B

badreau

Reaction score
So I had the N212355140 recall done on my 22 Chevy suburban w/ 3.0 and all I can say is DONT DO IT. My low end torque is gone now and my fuel economy went to shit. I’m trying to get the old software back
Sorry to hear that man! Let me know how you fair with the software roll-back.
Any info on fuel economy prior to and after the recall? I.e. averaged X before and now it’s Y.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And there you have it......

The EPA should focus on real problems. What a bunch of incompetent, uneducated, ************, butt sniffing idiots.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently ba ll lick ing is too insensitive for the sensors. Is this MSN now?

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know that I buy that. Need more details. What was the mpg before and after ? What do you mean less torque? You dynoed it before and after ? Or you just 'feel' it less?

Tsb only covers 21 and 22s so i guess us 23 owners got lucky with our great mpg/tq haha. Smh.

Before making giant statements like that some more info and specifics would be nice especially from someone with 1 post lol.

Last edited:

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It happens more than you think. The spotlight is on diesel now because of the EPA and their ludicrous regulations. Big GOVT and big OIL don't want you having too much ability to drive freely and cheaply. The old bait and switch technique now that these have caught on, people like them, AND they get good fuel economy. CAFE requirements are ever changing based on the number of vehicles sold.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It happens more than you think. The spotlight is on diesel now because of the EPA and their ludicrous regulations. Big GOVT and big OIL don't want you having too much ability to drive freely and cheaply. The old bait and switch technique now that these have caught on, people like them, AND they get good fuel economy. CAFE requirements are ever changing based on the number of vehicles sold.
Um...........lol nvm.

Hopefully the dude can post some specifics and not just sensationalism.

And the reason i call BS is that the tsb reprograms 21 and 22s. So 23s are good to go. If you believe in your conspiracy theory or the guy that just posted with no post history that's fine. But my 23 and countless others are still getting great MPG and our machines have the latest programming. Mine also has immense low end torque. So yeah something is 'fishy'! Lol but I guess conspiracy theories and false logic is more fun so keep at it!

Last edited:

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Um...........lol nvm.

Hopefully the dude can post some specifics and not just sensationalism.

And the reason i call BS is that the tsb reprograms 21 and 22s. So 23s are good to go. If you believe in your conspiracy theory or the guy that just posted with no post history that's fine. But my 23 and countless others are still getting great MPG and our machines have the latest programming. Mine also has immense low end torque. So yeah something is 'fishy'! Lol but I guess conspiracy theories and false logic is more fun so keep at it!
So, let's have a tutorial about emissions.....

1. GOVT isn't your friend
2. Corporations are after the bottom dollar, not your bottom dollar
3. #1&2 are in bed together. Corps being the little spoon
4. CAFE - corporate average fuel economy

Emissions are not your friend first off, driven by #1. There are different tiers and bins in said tiers. Based on HP ratings, displacement, GVW, and others determines what "bin" in the tier it has to achieve. At times there are "interim" calibrations that are allowed until finalized rules/regs are established.

After that is determined, a calibration is made to achieve said rating. CAFE is based on total vehicle sales and has to meet the standard. No auto maker knows what their number will be at the beginning of a year. They can project a number and base CAFE off historical data. NO automaker wants to give up CAFE credits for any reason if they don't have to. It's like their warm, fuzzy blanket for a rainy day.......so they keep them close.

This means that if they all of a sudden start selling the shit out of big vehicles and less little ones, their CAFE numbers will be off for that year. So, in order to satisfy their bed partner (govt/big oil), they would have to give up some of their precious CREDITS.......or they can do the govt/corporate thing and pass it along to the end user. Hence "revised" calibrations that allow them to satisfy their bin requirements for their CAFE requirements after the fact.

Lastly, emissions are driven by uneducated, corrupt govt peoples who have pockets lines by oil companies. In the guise of cleaner air, they will sell you something that uses more fuel to do the same amount of work. And for you diesel owners, they also get to sell you DEF which is a byproduct they didn’t have a huge market for before tier 4.

Follow the money, use common sense and you'll see the real story. If you think 26 - 30 mpg is good, you wouldn't believe what you could get with a motor calibrated for EFFICIENCY, not what the EPA says is clean.........2 VERY different things.

I hope this is less sensationalism. I can get out the crayons if needed.......

Zkeegan4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Y’all don’t have to believe me…
1. I reset my tripometer every fill up and check the average mpg. Before the recall I was at 21mpg now 18mpg. Most of my torque was at 1700-2400rpm…now it is much higher. I made an account to warn y’all not be a troll.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has been to the dealers multiple times for various reasons, including in the last month. Nothing has been reprogrammed and it runs great as it always has. Never heard of this "recalibration"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter