Rebuild & dod afm delete no start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TTRZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 08 Tahoe z71. I had a 09 block rebuilt. New pistons, rings, all bottom end bearings, btr stage 1 cam, new lifters, new refurbished heads. DOD/AFM delete. Put all back together. Got it started with the old galley cover connected, ran for about 45 sec to a minute then shut off on its own and won’t start again. Threw a code for crank sensor. I’ve replaced both the cam and crank sensors. Still nothing. Won’t start again. I’ve checked all my grounds, I have 60lbs at the rail. Cranks but won’t start. I also ran a separate ground to the injector harness and nothing. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 08 Tahoe z71. I had a 09 block rebuilt. New pistons, rings, all bottom end bearings, btr stage 1 cam, new lifters, new refurbished heads. DOD/AFM delete. Put all back together. Got it started with the old galley cover connected, ran for about 45 sec to a minute then shut off on its own and won’t start again. Threw a code for crank sensor. I’ve replaced both the cam and crank sensors. Still nothing. Won’t start again. I’ve checked all my grounds, I have 60lbs at the rail. Cranks but won’t start. I also ran a separate ground to the injector harness and nothing. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Checked your fuses, particularly the PCM ones? What is/are the actual code(s) that you're getting? Did you clear the code after replacing the sensors?

OP
OP
TTRZ71

TTRZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Checked your fuses, particularly the PCM ones? What is/are the actual code(s) that you're getting? Did you clear the code after replacing the sensors?
I’ll check the fuses today. My tuner was the one that told me about the crank sensor code. I don’t know exactly what code it threw and it hasn’t been cleared yet.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
60 psi running? Only supposed to be 43.5 psi. What was your oil pressure?

OP
OP
TTRZ71

TTRZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
60 psi running? Only supposed to be 43.5 psi. What was your oil
Update!!! I checked all the fuses and it seems like I have absolutely no power to the fuel pump fuse. The fuse is good but no power in that circuit. However I’m still getting fuel to the rail.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a similar thing happen to me, ended up being a lose ground on the front of the passenger head but you said you checked grounds already so not sure

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you have fuel pressure but are the injectors openings, check for wet plugs and do you have spark?

if fuel and spark(plus non fouled plugs) and no start. timing would be next

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What was the code? P0335? Does the engine sound like it's cranking normally or has it developed any weird rhythms during the cranking process? Did you use the 3-bolt version of that cam and if so, did you also use the correct 58x reluctor sprocket?

Start with the basics. Trace the wiring for the crankshaft and cam position sensors. If you're using a 3-bolt cam, it's easy to overstretch the cam sensor wiring when using the adapter, and/or the harmonic balancer can nick the wires if they're not repositioned just right. If no visible physical damage to the wires, then test for continuity at each end of the wires (you may need a wiring diagram to figure out where they terminate). If everything checks out, then the next step is to pull the timing cover and make sure everything is still lined up the way it's supposed to be.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikelk98