Rebuild & dod afm delete no start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's a wiring diagram for ya for the sensors to the ECM

1685546311435.png

And another for the VLOM, sensors and ECM

1685546407791.png

Don't forget to check the engine fuse in the underhood fuse block.

OP
OP
TTRZ71

TTRZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here's a wiring diagram for ya for the sensors to the ECM

View attachment 400799

And another for the VLOM, sensors and ECM

View attachment 400800

Don't forget to check the engine fuse in the underhood fuse block.
Ty so much for the assistance. I went into full diagnostic mode yesterday. I found that I have spark to the four coils on the driver side. But the four on the pass have no spark. I swapped out two of the coils to the other side and they had spark. Tells me my coils are good. I have power to the harness on the pass side but no spark. I want to reiterate that I got the truck running once. For about 1 min or so. Turned off and now where here lol.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ty so much for the assistance. I went into full diagnostic mode yesterday. I found that I have spark to the four coils on the driver side. But the four on the pass have no spark. I swapped out two of the coils to the other side and they had spark. Tells me my coils are good. I have power to the harness on the pass side but no spark. I want to reiterate that I got the truck running once. For about 1 min or so. Turned off and now where here lol.

So, a crank sensor code and the right bank coils are dead. If I weren't on my work laptop I'd be able to look up the wiring schematics. But, there's a common ground issue that will kill the left bank coils. Perhaps you have a loose ground or damaged wiring on the right bank that caused you to lose the CKP sensor and the coils? CKP is on the right bank but I don't recall any grounds on that side other than the one on the RH cylinder head in the front, above the tensioner. The other circuit that comes to mind is the one that feeds the CKP and starter solenoid. It runs along the oil pan and across the front, behind the crank pulley in that plastic shield.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with Chris, that there is a ground issue. Check the ground on the front of the pax side cylinder head. There should be two wires that terminate there. One of them is for the coils on that side.

1685716749266.png

muncie21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this motor is the same as LS1. However, the LS1 has a ground on the back of the driver's side head.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts