Rear Wiper Delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks I actually ended up getting the holes welded up recently looks so much cleaner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I only left my plugs in for a week before doing it right. They bothered me more than I thought they would.

I've had two welding companies, (actual businesses that only did welding), tell me they wouldn't weld a couple holes I had, because they said that sheet metal was too thin, and it would warp.. Just curious was that something you did yourself? (I have never welded anything before).

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had two welding companies, (actual businesses that only did welding), tell me they wouldn't weld a couple holes I had, because they said that sheet metal was too thin, and it would warp.. Just curious was that something you did yourself? (I have never welded anything before).

The hatch on these trucks is aluminum, body shops won’t get into welding the holes up, they recommend getting them welded elsewhere then coming back to get it painted, so I find someone local that could weld aluminum charged me $80 there is very lil warping if any, if it gets heated up too much it will warp

9af6cff9d3ed9285ffdb082596d66340.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a local guy that runs a welding shop from his home do it. It's aluminum like @95escahoe said and my guy said all he'd do is tack some aluminum pieces in there from the back side and my body shop filled them with panel bond and painted. It wasn't a complete weld-up, just tack welded so it wouldn't warp.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plus don’t forget the cost of body work and paint. That’s the major cost. I think that cost me either $200 or $300.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's how I went about the rear wiper delete on my truck.

First off you need to pull the trim panels on the hatch and remove the old wiper this is a great video for showing you how to do all that.

Picked up these plugs off EBay. https://m.ebay.com/itm/50-Piece-She...quot-2-quot-/122397885057?txnId=1852897729002

Picked up this black silicone sealant off Amazon, the reason I went with this, is its a lot easier to apply with a caulking gun imo. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000HBGJ8Y?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd

Pick out the correct plugs, put a decent amount of sealant on each one, pop them in and clean up any residue and let them sit for a bit then seal up the back side and your good to go.
too cheap to buy wipers i see,,

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
too cheap to buy wipers i see,,

So if I’m too cheap to buy a rear wiper blade why would I pay $600 to do the correct rear wiper delete? Get off this thread with that nonsense

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts