Rear wiper delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ONE LOVE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm not seeing how that's a wiper delete?

I never said it was a delete. I said I sent mine out for paint to give it a cleaner look. "Should help for now" suggesting I want to do a proper delete later down the road. LOL

Painting it a factory match gloss black will help tone it down..... When I wrap the truck, I will do a proper delete and instead of paining the hatch, Ill just fill the holes, primer the area, and wrap over it......

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never said it was a delete. I said I sent mine out for paint to give it a cleaner look. "Should help for now" suggesting I want to do a proper delete later down the road. LOL

Painting it a factory match gloss black will help tone it down..... When I wrap the truck, I will do a proper delete and instead of paining the hatch, Ill just fill the holes, primer the area, and wrap over it......
Yes but...this thread is titled "Rear Wiper Delete" and the subject IS deleting the rear wiper which you failed to make any mention of until now! I couldn't read your mind that you were planning on doing it in the future. But if you're going to fill the holes, you will probably want to weld backing plates first like I had done, even if it's under a wrap. Otherwise you'll most likely see the outline of the holes through the wrap after slamming the hatch closed enough times. Keep us posted when you do actually delete that tree branch!

ONE LOVE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes but...this thread is titled "Rear Wiper Delete" and the subject IS deleting the rear wiper which you failed to make any mention of until now! I couldn't read your mind that you were planning on doing it in the future. But if you're going to fill the holes, you will probably want to weld backing plates first like I had done, even if it's under a wrap. Otherwise you'll most likely see the outline of the holes through the wrap after slamming the hatch closed enough times. Keep us posted when you do actually delete that tree branch!

Cool story LOL...... See where I said "fill the holes"..... That would be with backing plates not bubble gum!! Thanks

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool story LOL...... See where I said "fill the holes"..... That would be with backing plates not bubble gum!! Thanks
Some people have mentioned filling with plates using panel bond to hold the plates in place but I've heard that will fail after awhile and the outlines of the holes will show. Our lift gates are aluminum so you'll need someone who can tack aluminum plates in place but don't weld too much or there will be a lot of warpage. There's pictures of how I had mine done in my build thread.

IMG_5704.JPG

Chip18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some people have mentioned filling with plates using panel bond to hold the plates in place but I've heard that will fail after awhile and the outlines of the holes will show. Our lift gates are aluminum so you'll need someone who can tack aluminum plates in place but don't weld too much or there will be a lot of warpage. There's pictures of how I had mine done in my build thread.

View attachment 67093
What ... Aluminum you say??? And the whole of the vehicle, still weighs in it at 5000 lbs??? Wow ... I guess ... Aluminum parts don't mean much if you use a lot of it!!

Your tailgate looks outstanding by the way. :)

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're the only aluminum pieces on our trucks, so the lift gates can be easily operated. Steel would be too cumbersome for that application, although I understand some of the earliest models were steel.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a nnbs and i plan on doing this. mine cant be aluminum because the reason im doing it isbto piggy back it on repairing the rust thats forming on the inner lip at the bottom. aluminum wouldnt be rusting.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have a nnbs and i plan on doing this. mine cant be aluminum because the reason im doing it isbto piggy back it on repairing the rust thats forming on the inner lip at the bottom. aluminum wouldnt be rusting.
Take a magnet and try it on yours. I have what looks like rust on mine but its just paint bubbling. The magnet will tell for sure. I'm curious to see if only the NBS were aluminum.

Last edited:

Chip18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take a magnet and try it on yours. I have what looks like rust on mine but its just paint bubbling. The magnet will tell for sure. I'm curious to see if only the NBS were aluminum.
Hey ... I just checked my hatch today with a magnet and sure enough "Aluminum???" I was stunned!!!

When the guy did your wiper delete did he know that panel was aluminum??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zackhettinger14

Latest posts