Rear seating has poor design for legs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

new2yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There you go! I chose the Montana because it was the manliest of the minivans. LOL Dodge has those RST ones and their motors sound great. I reckon those 6-foot boys will be driving soon, just get them their own wheels and they can follow or runs the wife's more arduous chores for her. My mother rarely drove after we got our licenses.
They prob never drive. They r special needs but very high functioning but not likely to drive. So we will chauffeur for a long time. Thus the vehicle issues.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There you go! I chose the Montana because it was the manliest of the minivans. LOL Dodge has those RST ones and their motors sound great. I reckon those 6-foot boys will be driving soon, just get them their own wheels and they can follow or runs the wife's more arduous chores for her. My mother rarely drove after we got our licenses.
Montana and manly in the same sentence....hmmm. :p

BRAAP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I like my 2001.

I hate the 3rd row design that your legs are in your nose because the seats sit so close to floor.

I thought I saw models with that issue changed and have been looking again and can't find them.

We're taking maybe getting another tahoe or yukon but the lack of head protection in 2nd row bench and then 3rd row poor comfort is an issue now as kids are older and tall.

Captains chairs are nice but then u need to use the 3rd row more and then ya get those issues.

Any models with intelligence that protects everyone's whiplash heads and 3rd row actually sits comfortably?

I can't find it. And I can't go new..no $$ for that

The Suburban and Yukon XL does remedy that along with rear windows that roll all the way down. Own two ‘01 burbs and a ‘01 Tahoe that is our plan-B back up rig, (our daughter and my father also own ‘01 Tahoe’s). 3rd row in the Tahoe is useless for adults, ok for under 9yrs old. In the. Run adults sit comfortably in the third row. The added fuel capacity of the burb, more room entire room, (with third row removed and rear folded down is equal to long bed pick up, haul 4’x8’ sheets of plywood with the hatch closed), rear windows that roll all the way down, we prefer the burb over the Tahoe. The added wheelbase is longer but still maneuvers in parking lots just fine, 15+ years we’ve never been bothered by it... now our 91 long bed 2wd Chevy pickup?! ARRGHH!! turning radius of an aircraft carrier!

aducknut

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had a 2001 LT for years I feel your pain. But then I went and bought a 2018 Premier a few years ago your knees will be up over your head so what you have is pretty much as good as it gets.

I only use the 3rd row for kids in car seats.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattserritella