U1000 Code - Battery Light On - Intermittent starting Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WestCoastie

Reaction score
2003 GMC Yukon XL 1500 - Fresh Rebuilt 5.3 - 111,000 miles - New Battery - New Alternator - Grounds Cleaned - Did find rats nest in under hood fuse box and repaired wiring there

I’m not sure if these are all related or coincidence.

Since rebuilding the engine I have had an intermittent starting issue. Engine turns over but will not start. After maybe one try or sometimes a few, it will eventually start, but stumbles at first, sometimes. Once it’s running, it runs just fine. I have seen it, very rarely, where the fuel gauge will say Empty when it’s not. Think fuel pump/sender may be the issue. I have service records and it was replaced at around 30k miles. But that was about 15 years ago.

This morning the Battery light came on. Alternator only charging at around 13.7-13.8V.

Hooked up new code reader and current codes are:

U1000 Class 2 Data Link Malfuction - DDR (Digital Radio Reciever) - I do have an aftermarket stereo, installed before last summer, used a kit and all connections soldered and heat shrinked.

U1000 Class 2 Data Link Malfuction - Rear HVAC/RSA - I have the digital HVAC controls

With key on, engine off the front and rear inside temp sensors chatter a bit. With engine on I don’t hear them.

I’ve have seen before but couldn’t find them, that someone had a line diagram for the can bus. If anyone has that I would appreciate a look.

Other than that, anyone had any ideas or suggestions.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan