Rear end rebuild/upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Akuma Inu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did a search on here, but didn't come up with anything for the rear axle. If there is a post just point me that way.

As my sig says, my truck is supercharged and has a built tranny, with 4.10 gears. I know the drive shafts on these trucks are garbage, or so I've heard, and will be replacing it soon. But what I would like to do is beef up my rear end to handle more HP, and was looking to see if any body on here has done it already and if so what did you do to it? I've heard of people replacing it with a Ford 9", but not sure I want to go that route just yet.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try the NBS section because there aren't too many modded NNBS rigs on this forum. Also try Gmfullsize forums.

Good luck and let us know what you come up with.

Oh yeah post some pics of your ride especially the Magnacharger. Any dyno charts?

OP
OP
Akuma Inu

Akuma Inu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I posted some pics in my garage. Don't have the dyno chart for the truck, but I'm going to a dyno day next weekend if all goes as planned. I'll post up the chart then.

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are looking at upgrading the same thing. Now that my trans. is built the next thing in line is the rear, originally I was looking at ditching the G80 and put in a Detroit Tru-Trac with my 4.10's, but after some research I am thinking about grabbing a 12-bolt out of a H2..shorten it a little cause they are wider though they do come with all the mounts for the 4-link rear already mounted up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cateyeburb