Rear end feels like it rolls back on take off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

09_4WD_YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whenever I accelerate faster than normal, it feels like the rear end rolls (rocks) back. I'm thinking it may be a u-joint going bad. My parents 07 Tahoe does the same thing. I searched on google and found possible u-joint issue and "dry" input shaft on transmission. Anyone else have this and fixed it?

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Have you checked all the bushings in the trailing arms going to the rear axle??? There are 8 of them. 2 lower trailing arms and 2 upper trailing arms with a bushing at both ends.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel the same thing and was worried it may be u joint related. Since it can be controlled, havent dug too deep...yet.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it a feeling of delay with or without a clunk sound? If so might just be time to change rear end fluid while you check the bushings k mentioned

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whenever I accelerate faster than normal, it feels like the rear end rolls (rocks) back. I'm thinking it may be a u-joint going bad. My parents 07 Tahoe does the same thing. I searched on google and found possible u-joint issue and "dry" input shaft on transmission. Anyone else have this and fixed it?

Don't google, crawl under there and have a look around!

Don't be like that Millenial in The Mule!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons