Question about drive train slop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
managed to squeeze under it while on the ground with a big scratch on my belly lol
the rear drive shaft spins a little doesn't seem out of the ordinary, from what angle I could grab and pull the rear pinion has no play.
front output of the transfer case has a lot more spin than the rear and has some up/down play more than the rear as well
I guess I will stop by the transmission shop and get there opinion
no leaks anywhere.
@@@@
drove the front up on ramps and then put it in nuetral, seems like it is not as loose as it was while level though therefore less play

both the front axles feel about the same very small amount of play on both sides, I presume that is normal?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
managed to squeeze under it while on the ground with a big scratch on my belly lol
the rear drive shaft spins a little doesn't seem out of the ordinary, from what angle I could grab and pull the rear pinion has no play.
front output of the transfer case has a lot more spin than the rear and has some up/down play more than the rear as well
no leaks anywhere.
@@@@
drove the front up on ramps and then put it in nuetral, seems like it is not as loose as it was while level though therefore less play

both the front axles feel about the same very small amount of play on both sides, I presume that is normal?
Hundred bucks says the transmission shop says you need a TC rebuild. But mine is essentially the same in terms of amount of rotational play on the front output shaft on my '07.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hundred bucks says the transmission shop says you need a TC rebuild. But mine is essentially the same in terms of amount of rotational play on the front output shaft on my '07.
I think im going to put the gopro under it first and see if anything wierd is going on that only happens under a load.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no leaks anywhere.
@@@@

In first video to me the yoke is not far enough in on splines on transmission tail housing you can see where seal use to run.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia