Rear Drum Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000tahoeZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that I've got the new motor purring in the Tahoe, I want to redo the rear brakes as they have likely never been touched in the 182K ive put on it. Figured I am going to replace shoes and drums, and all the hardware and wheel cylinders while I am in there. I know for the front discs, you don't want to go cheap due to pad failure, rotor warping, etc. What brands are good for the drums? Any hardware kit recommended? Gonna go with ac delco cylinders as they are about 12 bucks a piece. Thanks folks.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
182k? something has had to been changed in there a few times. bendix parts where ever possible but i would allow raybestos as a secondary supplier if needed but no value priced stuff from them.

OP
OP

2000tahoeZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought it with 92K and I haven't touched a thing. :emotions33:

Sorry I now see where I made it sound like I put all 182K on it.

Last edited:

willxfs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my 98 2door 11 years ago with 125k on the clock. It now has 262k miles. I know for certain I've never messed with the rear brakes. I check them every once in a while when doing tire rotations. They still look ok but pads are getting thin. Time for some new rear brakes, I suppose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork