Rear coil springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bonnie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I want to increase my load capacity without increasing the rear ride height, can anyone recommend the best brand and type of coils to get? Thanks in advance for any help.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to TYF from Colorado!

Tell us more about your rig: model, year, and maybe post up a pic of the RPO code sticker that's on the backside of the glovebox lid. That will help us know what suspension package you have now.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to TYF from Colorado!

Tell us more about your rig: model, year, and maybe post up a pic of the RPO code sticker that's on the backside of the glovebox lid. That will help us know what suspension package you have now.
Damn, you ruined my fun. I was gonna WAG it and get crazy. I mean, we all know that each and every single 2000-2006 Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade were all made exactly the same and all parts are interchangeable......All kiddin' aside....Gotta know what you bring to the table to help with your questions.

By the way, @bonnie, welcome to the forum.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

OP
OP
B

bonnie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Let me back up, thanks for having me in the forum.
I have always had GM or GMC products and really like my Yukon its my second one and most likely my last one? Use it for towing my fishing boat and sometime load it down with grand kids. I do not use as a daily driver.
I should of known you would need all the detailed info to help my concern.

History : I have only had the truck for 6 months, My goal is to help with load capacity but not increase ride height. It has auto level ride but I`m guessing it doesn`t work? No codes on display.
I will not repair or replace that system, I plan on removing it some day but for now if possible just increase capacity.

Vehicle:
2006 Yukon SLT 1500 xl serial# 3GKEC16Z36G232626, 128,000 miles no rust in nice shape.
Couple of other option codes if needed, 69-Level control Auto Air, HDyd6 Rear spring base equipment

Thanks ahead of time!
Steve

Attachments

• 20221012_135403.jpg
    20221012_135403.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 20221106_133125.jpg
    20221106_133125.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 4

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I show that you have the fancy suspension and if she is sagging, then the springs are likely wore out.

19331451 are your rear shocks.

15182557 are your rear springs.

If you want to convert that to dumb parts, the rear end WILL rise up a few inches until it takes a load.

OP
OP
B

bonnie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.
Thank you Joseph, I have listed all the info and pics below. Thanks to all for any help

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May I ask what part numbers those go to or brand of coils?
Those are genuine GM part numbers.

Here is one of them, which happen to be discontinued on this particular supplier site.
But, I figured knowing this site is out there may come in handy when figuring out what parts you are looking for...

Those GM numbers will help you cross-reference replacements.