Rear center brake hose replacement/installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4WDTRK

sleeps in garage
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to install the 6 hose Goodridge stainless braided brake hose kit. The caliper lines will be easy. I'm concerned about the 2 rear center hoses above the diff/frame. I know the spare tire will need to be removed to get access. Are there any special tools needed to replace these? It doesn't look like there will be much room to work or get a wrench on things. I've also heard about issues with the lines not fitting correctly, but Goodridge apparently has a newer retrofitted kit. Any tips are appreciated. Thanks!

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
No special tools needed, assuming you have a flare wrench. Have fun, even after goodridge sent me some little piece, it still leaked. Ended up using an OEM hose for that

OP
OP
4WDTRK

4WDTRK

sleeps in garage
Reaction score
Good info here! I don't want this to be time wasting headache. Thinking I may go back to the Russell hoses using their 5 piece kit, but only using the 4 caliper hoses. I can order two separate 18" Russell hoses with adapters for the 2 center hoses. Was hoping to find a good 6 piece kit, but doesn't look like one exists.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20