Rear brake rotors and e-brake shoe issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caffeinated

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was doing a complete rear brake job on my 2000 Yukon (backing plates, e-brake shoe, rotor and pads) ordered my parts from rockauto.com. everything going as smooth as possible until I get to the point of slipping on the rotors. The e-brake is all the way in, and the rotors will not fit. tried to place the shoe inside the rotor and too big. the parts listed say they will fit, so I'm not sure which item is wrong? rotor of shoe? both? The old shoe's which are not as bad as I thought still fit into the new rotor, but I've got something rubbing on the left rear side.

Here are the parts I used:
-CENTRIC 11107810 (111.07810) Parking Brake Shoe
-DORMAN 924213 (924-213) Brake Backing Plate
-WAGNER QC975 Brake Pad
-WAGNER BD126032 Rotor

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

gbert06

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ran into the exact same problem. I work at a parts store and when I purchased mine I made sure I had the right differental. Because those do made a difference on rotor sizes. I checked the code in the glovebox. Went with the correct rotor, which was the smaller one. Got home took it off, would not fit at all!

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

code GU6 you've got (3.42) gears -- so said the glove box. 324mm outside diameter
code GT4 you've got (3.73) gears -- this is the same rotor as the GU6 axle. 324mm
code GT5 you've got (4.10) gears -- this is what ended up fitting my hoe.
they are 330 mm outside diameter. a lot thicker and the inside diameter is bigger. slipped right on without clearance issues.

Also from what i see in the parts you've got. Those Wagner Rotors are the bigger ones. 330mm. You should have no clearance issues. Sounds to me like you have the wrong e-brake shoes. or possibly not backed off all the way. Check the e-brake adjuster and make sure. I'am not certain on the type of ebrake shoes you have. We sell Wagner's at Advance Auto. You can drop by and see if there is a difference in size. Hope this helps some! Good luck!

Last edited:

electro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Much like gbert is saying...

I had a 2000 Tahoe and there were two styles of truck for that year.

I remember my awesome parts man talking about that and double checking something about it.

I had a late model Tahoe with 3.73 gears.

Delco rotors were $86 CAN. and the measurement is 330mm.

What is that measurement represent gbert? The outside diameter of the rotor itselft?

Just adding a little something!

Good luck.

Last edited:

gbert06

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Your right Ryan.m. The measurement is the outside diameter of the rotor.
330mm - 13" rotor
324mm - 12.8" rotor

On the light side, Ryan.m. you are lucky to have the 3.73's.
Only positive part of having my 4.10's is fuel mileage. which in the end is not much at all. Oh and posi-trac dual tire fire!! :gunner:

electro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your right Ryan.m. The measurement is the outside diameter of the rotor.
330mm - 13" rotor
324mm - 12.8" rotor

On the light side, Ryan.m. you are lucky to have the 3.73's.
Only positive part of having my 4.10's is fuel mileage. which in the end is not much at all. Oh and posi-trac dual tire fire!! :gunner:

What is this posi-trac you speak of?

Last edited:

gbert06

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
posi-trac

That's when both of your tires spin when you hit the gas. I leave two tire marks when i burn out.

On a limited slip diff only one tire will spin. Usually.
My brothers dodge leaves one black mark when he burns out.

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL to understand posi-traction, you guys need to watch "my cousin vinny" marisa tomie's explanation is the best

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645