Rear AC overhead controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UmmScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Man its been a while, life has been amazing and just been busy ya know.

Anyhow..
My 00 yukon.
Does anyone have info on how the rear hvac module is supposed to function?
If I put it in auto, it just blasts the blower on high speed and full cold. It doesnt keep the temp you set it at.

The front unit works normally. Wonder if theres a sensor i need to check or if its the overhead control in the rear of the truck itself?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Man its been a while, life has been amazing and just been busy ya know.

Anyhow..
My 00 yukon.
Does anyone have info on how the rear hvac module is supposed to function?
If I put it in auto, it just blasts the blower on high speed and full cold. It doesnt keep the temp you set it at.

The front unit works normally. Wonder if theres a sensor i need to check or if its the overhead control in the rear of the truck itself?
does yours have the dual control one in front by the driver and one in the rear?
when the front control is on, it disables the rear control (so kids can't change it)
I don't recall any of the 00's having digital controls, so not sure what the issue would be otherwise
have some pictures?

OP
OP
U

UmmScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20230528_180550.jpg20230528_180528.jpg20230528_180525.jpg
Here is my setup.
So the front system. If i put it in auto, it controls everything perfect.
The rear system. If I flip it to auto, all it does it turn the blower to max. Thats it. It doesnt blend the temp or maintain anything.

OP
OP
U

UmmScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blower speed works manually in all speeds.

The temp is either full cold or full hot. No inbetween no matter where I set the temp

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevensavino