Rattle Front Left. Help I’m going crazy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Colin S

Reaction score
2015 tahoe lt
3in rc lift
33x12.5 Tires
No Rubbing
HID lights (forget vendor, but got name off here. They are great).
20x10 Fuel Wheels

I did most my upgrades at the same time, so I am unsure if it is the lift, the ballast rattling from the HID lights, or just something loose in the engine compartment. Or something else.

I have ruled out the ballast and HID, those are secure.

I did just get an alignment from Firestone vs 4 wheel parts - and noticed it with a lot more frequency after that. It sounded pretty non existant after the prior 4 wheel parts alignment but came back slowly after firestone alignement.

Any ideas? It sounds like bouncy metal - and I can’t find rhyme or reason to the rattle. Sometimes it is fine over bumps, other times it will rattle. It is so off and on that I am going mad. I have been tying to diagnose this daily this week.

Any suggestions? I have found my dealer less than willing to work with me before bc my truck is modified. Which really sucks because I would like the dealer to diagnose this problem. But I doubt they will if it has to do with the lift, and I will have to take it somewhere else (more time/money).

Would love to hear from anyone with ideas. Thanks in advance for any tips.

OP
OP
C

Colin S

Reaction score
Photos of the underside to get ideas?

Let me know if this helps at all - the rattle sounds metallic, and it not blunted it sounds like something is hitting the frame of the car and then that sound is carrying up to the drivers front side

The sway bar does not rub, btw, although it may look like it I added a pan hard bar too a while back to keep everything straight 2D641DD0-D2DE-4EA3-8256-62F98F949FC5.jpeg2C6EF933-8E99-44F7-B293-0BA8B5979E00.jpegE1C5A303-554C-49A5-9395-A35D72FCCB76.jpegD8A8182E-31DB-4ABC-B3EE-A46BDF049D58.jpeg

OP
OP
C

Colin S

Reaction score
Let me know if this helps at all - the rattle sounds metallic, and it not blunted it sounds like something is hitting the frame of the car and then that sound is carrying up to the drivers front side

The sway bar does not rub, btw, although it may look like it I added a pan hard bar too a while back to keep everything straight View attachment 201559View attachment 201560View attachment 201561View attachment 201562
Photos of the underside to get ideas?

And here is the offender
866E99F6-15E4-4499-A36B-DF193EB29F53.jpeg

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you hadn't said "left front," I would have said exhaust heat shield. You may still want to check it though...

OP
OP
C

Colin S

Reaction score

The sway bar does not rub, btw, although it may look like it I added a pan hard bar too a while back to keep everything straight View attachment 201559View attachment 201560View attachment 201561View attachment 201562
If you hadn't said "left front," I would have said exhaust heat shield. You may still want to check it though...
yea I will check it. Listening to the rattle now. Really ruins the driving experience.

Sjp45066

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2015 tahoe lt
3in rc lift
33x12.5 Tires
No Rubbing
HID lights (forget vendor, but got name off here. They are great).
20x10 Fuel Wheels

I did most my upgrades at the same time, so I am unsure if it is the lift, the ballast rattling from the HID lights, or just something loose in the engine compartment. Or something else.

I have ruled out the ballast and HID, those are secure.

I did just get an alignment from Firestone vs 4 wheel parts - and noticed it with a lot more frequency after that. It sounded pretty non existant after the prior 4 wheel parts alignment but came back slowly after firestone alignement.

Any ideas? It sounds like bouncy metal - and I can’t find rhyme or reason to the rattle. Sometimes it is fine over bumps, other times it will rattle. It is so off and on that I am going mad. I have been tying to diagnose this daily this week.

Any suggestions? I have found my dealer less than willing to work with me before bc my truck is modified. Which really sucks because I would like the dealer to diagnose this problem. But I doubt they will if it has to do with the lift, and I will have to take it somewhere else (more time/money).

Would love to hear from anyone with ideas. Thanks in advance for any tips.

Had a squeak/rattle when going over bumps on my 2016. Dealer replaced a jounce bumper. GM bulletin PIT5477A.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dprdmd