Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just cant get over the cost to make DI stuff fast yet from fueling stand point. the c7 zr1/lt5 does have a slick 2650 blower with port injection also though...youtubers be making close to 1k without much work. but that setup wont work on a lt4, and would still need standalone system to run the other set of injectors.

probably just some bolt ons- intake, headers, lower pulley, auxiliary fuel pump to run e85, larger sc tank. should pretty much max out lt4 hpfp and injectors 650-700ish. after that you pretty much need a cam with the bigger fuel lobe...then aftermarket hpfp and injectors get ridiculous. dont feel like doing meth and having to rely on it. not much chatter with failed lifters on lt4 engines even modified not sure if theyre doing something different.
I meant to say headers not heads but anywho. I'm anxious to see your progress on it. Good luck with it. I'm confident you'll make a really nice, cool, capable daily driver out of it.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pulled all the injectors, going to take them to get them cleaned. going to take FIC a day or two to get me a couple injectors together anyway. i marked the one that seems to be leaking at idle. other bank the fuel trims seemed pretty consistent, but will probably pull the plugs just to ease my mind at some point this weekend

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pulled all the injectors, going to take them to get them cleaned. going to take FIC a day or two to get me a couple injectors together anyway. i marked the one that seems to be leaking at idle. other bank the fuel trims seemed pretty consistent, but will probably pull the plugs just to ease my mind at some point this weekend
What causes the injectors to get dirty so often? E85 or just the nature of the beast with big injectors?

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That trucks been through a lot in the last 5 years tbh. :)
that it has.
went into work for a little bit this morning, dropped injectors off on way home (didnt open till 10) will prob be done early next week (same time as new injectors from FIC) told him about the one i knew was bad and to clean the others.
putz'd around for a lil bit after getting home, figured i would "fix" some of the other things to see if my missing boost would come home (other than the obviou down a cyl) . the reference point for the wastegate is sposed to come off pre-throttle body i have a vacuum/boost block but its off the intake (after throttle body) for everything else - BOV, fuel pressure regulator, aux fuel pump switch. pulled the turbo inducer off drilled and tapped an 1/8th NPT into it so i could get the reference point from right there. its all still made up with semi air line tubing but is away from everything.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welp last couple days have sucked.
trying to troubleshoot this pos. fuel trim -20% on one bank. swapped out some plugs, coils, wires, injectors. i've been literally just unplugging coils and injectors and the thing just keep running :oops: with hardly a blip to the rpm.

so i started tracing out all the wiring to verify the wiring for the injectors were goin to the right place.

apparently since the last time i had the intake off (i have to fold up harness basically to pull/install manifold) i had at least 2 injectors off maybe 3 (odd situation).

i think this may have been partially from using the wrong wiring diagram, so im using the gm outfitters wiring diagrams.
and hey all have a pink:

Injector 1 - TN has TN/BK *****
Injector 2 - GN/BK good
Injector 3 - PK/BK good
Injector 4 - BU/BK good
Injector 5 - TN/WH had YE/BK, moved to 6
Injector 6 - YE/BK had TN, moved to 5*****
Injector 7 - OG/BK good
Injector 8 - D-BU/WH good

so i swapped 5/6 injector plugs cause that is the obvious swap - i looked it over 20x to try and convince myself it was a TN/WH (tan with white stripe) but it doesnt. so technically the TN (tan) wire should go to cyl 1. i still need to find a TN/WH

that leads me to cyl 1:
it has a TN/BK (tan with black stripe) on it, which shouldnt be for any injectors.
The only TN/BK wires that should be in that harness from the ECM are for the high speed LAN (unlikely as they wouldnt be on the engine) , IAT sensor - this would have gone to the MAF sensor but i broke it out and installed it under the intercooler by itself so its unlikely that either and then I see a Low Reference - i dont have a full wiring diagram for 2012 but best i can find is a 2007, same ecm, but the low reference is for a few fuel components so im not sure about it either.

so plan is to remove all the harness from under the intake and sort it all out tomorrow

evening update:
Cooled down enough to pull the harness out, peeled all the tape and loom back off. some idiot :oops: extended the wires so i could run them behind the engine with almost the right color wire. 5 & 6 were swapped...injector 1 is good. no big deal, peace of mind is worth it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700