Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Day dreaming about putting this up for sale, sooooo

bad decision of the day...adding up roughly how much money i have dumped into this

assuming a 2012 denali with 110k miles, doesnt include any labor, any of the crap i bought that didnt work, extra transfer cases, brand new oem parts (water pump, ps pump, 6.2 cat back) need to still put 4" cutout at the end of the downpipe also

123.jpg

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Day dreaming about putting this up for sale, sooooo

bad decision of the day...adding up roughly how much money i have dumped into this

assuming a 2012 denali with 110k miles, doesnt include any labor, any of the crap i bought that didnt work, extra transfer cases, brand new oem parts (water pump, ps pump, 6.2 cat back) need to still put 4" cutout at the end of the downpipe also

View attachment 391322

You have a hell of a combo tho. I bet there's a solid 10k in other bs you've forgotten about. Put a stock 6.2 back in the denali and buy a c7 roller....

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have a hell of a combo tho. I bet there's a solid 10k in other bs you've forgotten about. Put a stock 6.2 back in the denali and buy a c7 roller....
c7 are direct injected... c6 would be much more better and still be gen 4 :oops:
i will prob build a donk if i do anything with this engine/trans

steadily fixing yukon problems, found a wet plug need to replace an injector or two. i swapped plug and coil - put it all back together and it ran worse at first wtf! popped the hood, forgot to plug the coil back into the harness :emotions122: still wasnt great after i plugged it back in but o well. will try to get injectors cleaned and see if it helps.

carfax sent me an email to remember to renew my registration, and it oddly included the entire carfax report through last dealership it got some work done at. so i started looking and noticed a trend...
7/3/18 12,500 miles - trans flushed
10/19/18 14,142 miles - trans flushed
11/13/18 14,550 miles - trans flushed
3/23/20 23,999 trans computer module replaced

been in 3 times since ive had it
new converter
new drivesaft (didnt fix anything)
another new converter

it has been nice since this last time ive finally put a decent amount of miles on it and had scenarios where i would have definitely noticed it messing up.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
c7 are direct injected... c6 would be much more better and still be gen 4 :oops:
i will prob build a donk if i do anything with this engine/trans

steadily fixing yukon problems, found a wet plug need to replace an injector or two. i swapped plug and coil - put it all back together and it ran worse at first wtf! popped the hood, forgot to plug the coil back into the harness :emotions122: still wasnt great after i plugged it back in but o well. will try to get injectors cleaned and see if it helps.

carfax sent me an email to remember to renew my registration, and it oddly included the entire carfax report through last dealership it got some work done at. so i started looking and noticed a trend...
7/3/18 12,500 miles - trans flushed
10/19/18 14,142 miles - trans flushed
11/13/18 14,550 miles - trans flushed
3/23/20 23,999 trans computer module replaced

been in 3 times since ive had it
new converter
new drivesaft (didnt fix anything)
another new converter

it has been nice since this last time ive finally put a decent amount of miles on it and had scenarios where i would have definitely noticed it messing up.
I mean, you can always go with a stand alone controller...race car shit. I'm biased towards the c7 tho. By far my favorite corvette and I still regret not buying a zr1 when they were "affordable".

Now I'll go read the rest of your post. Stand by...

Glad the caddy is treating you well. You'll get the Yukon sorted out I'm sure.

What's the thoughts with the caddy? Heads/cam/pulley?

Last edited:

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean, you can always go with a stand alone controller...race car shit. I'm biased towards the c7 tho. By far my favorite corvette and I still regret not buying a zr1 when they were "affordable".

Same, the C7 is, to me, the epitome of the best modern Corvette.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Same, the C7 is, to me, the epitome of the best modern Corvette.
i just cant get over the cost to make DI stuff fast yet from fueling stand point. the c7 zr1/lt5 does have a slick 2650 blower with port injection also though...youtubers be making close to 1k without much work. but that setup wont work on a lt4, and would still need standalone system to run the other set of injectors.

probably just some bolt ons- intake, headers, lower pulley, auxiliary fuel pump to run e85, larger sc tank. should pretty much max out lt4 hpfp and injectors 650-700ish. after that you pretty much need a cam with the bigger fuel lobe...then aftermarket hpfp and injectors get ridiculous. dont feel like doing meth and having to rely on it. not much chatter with failed lifters on lt4 engines even modified not sure if theyre doing something different.