Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sooo im fairly convinced i've got problem getting air out of the engine. i had bought a cutout Y a long time ago and planned to put in but there isnt really a good place for it end the end of the downpipe like id like. crawled under again and just cant see a good way to make it work.

i ordered another 4" vband and 90 to dump the exhaust out the side after the downpipe - that still leaves about 48" of pipe after the turbo, with 1 hard 90 right after and another that ill put on. dont really want to leave it dumped under the body. i think itll help some but not take me as far as i want to push this junk. dont want to dump it out the hood or fender, cant fit a larger downpipe out of the engine bay the way everything is layed out now. if dumped after down pipe helps "some" may just make an up pipe and take the hood off to see what it do

while under also noticed grease slinging all over everything on passenger side inner cv boot area. looked the boot over installed 10x couldnt see any tears, cleaned everything up on the frame, steering boot etc, there wasnt even any on the cv boot, pulled the axle and found a 1/4" tear on one of the ribs. kinda halfassed some contact cement on it for the time being, ordered another axle anyway the inside joint felt a little beat up and loose so i didnt bother trying to swap the boot. and then i ripped the outer boot putting it back in :anitoof: so new axle on the way anyway.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sooo im fairly convinced i've got problem getting air out of the engine. i had bought a cutout Y a long time ago and planned to put in but there isnt really a good place for it end the end of the downpipe like id like. crawled under again and just cant see a good way to make it work.

i ordered another 4" vband and 90 to dump the exhaust out the side after the downpipe - that still leaves about 48" of pipe after the turbo, with 1 hard 90 right after and another that ill put on. dont really want to leave it dumped under the body. i think itll help some but not take me as far as i want to push this junk. dont want to dump it out the hood or fender, cant fit a larger downpipe out of the engine bay the way everything is layed out now. if dumped after down pipe helps "some" may just make an up pipe and take the hood off to see what it do

while under also noticed grease slinging all over everything on passenger side inner cv boot area. looked the boot over installed 10x couldnt see any tears, cleaned everything up on the frame, steering boot etc, there wasnt even any on the cv boot, pulled the axle and found a 1/4" tear on one of the ribs. kinda halfassed some contact cement on it for the time being, ordered another axle anyway the inside joint felt a little beat up and loose so i didnt bother trying to swap the boot. and then i ripped the outer boot putting it back in :anitoof: so new axle on the way anyway.

If it ain't broke, break it.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i went for my weekly gas fill up last night, closest e85 station had all the pumps wrapped up for whatever reason so i had to go a bit further to find some. full tank...range 175miles :eek:

anyways just cruising it, still rides nice, quiet with full exhaust, looks pretty unassuming. i really dont want to put a dump pipe on it i think itll just ruin it for me. going to run by my friend shop and see if he has any ideas for getting a cutout into it ...can fab up/weld a lot better than I

almost willing to lift it back up so i can run 5" exhaust all the way back

Last edited:
OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its not the exhaust... i welded a 90 onto a vband flange and connected it right at the end of the downpipe. it does light off a lot faster but still breaks up. going to throw the full exhaust back on and will probably just work on getting a cutout as close to the dp as i can.

going to pull the rest of the plugs tomorrow to see how they look, pulled driverside out since those are easy hot, passenger side no go hot. driver side plugs all looked great.

i think i can rig up a leakdown tester with the compression tester i got a few weeks back by removing shrader valve and Tee-ing into the hose with compressor.

friend suggested i try some high octane gasoline 105, c16 or something like that to see if it just doesnt like igniting the pump e85. might give it a try if i cant find anything else wrong

if i find anything out of the ordinary with plugs i may jockey some injectors around and see if it follows. i dunno im just getting close to over it. just want this crap to run right

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kootamcgrabbin24