Rainex wipers are lousy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TowGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always run the Bosch Icon wipers and have been really happy with them. Decided it was time to put new wipers on, and my local Advance store was out. So I tried the Rainex wipers. Big mistake. The float off the windshield at 75 mph and only clear half the windshield. So in the garbage they went and I got Bosch Icons again.

Reaction score
Does anyone else have issue with the passenger side wipe not making full contact with the windshield? It is almost like the last third of the wiper doesn't make contact with the windshield in the down position. Sorry to jack the thread....I also use the Icons or Stocks

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I Actually disagree Ive always ran RainX on my Yukon and Loved them well the Factory wipers needed to be replaced on the cruze last month and thought Id try Bosch , Unless I got one of their Generic Wipers (doubt it I payed more than the RainX ones) they are already streaking and leaving the Dreaded spaghetti lines .

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The best is to use rainX washer fluid and a nice blade. I have found that the bosh blades have a better contact on the Tahoe shield. Where the rainX blades do better on my wife's Honda.

Anything is better than the old school blades.

Once month I do a hand aplication of rainX and have the rainX fluid in all the cars. I do not use wipers often bc I go so fast the rain does not have time to settle on the shield.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The best is to use rainX washer fluid and a nice blade. I have found that the bosh blades have a better contact on the Tahoe shield. Where the rainX blades do better on my wife's Honda.

Anything is better than the old school blades.

Once month I do a hand aplication of rainX and have the rainX fluid in all the cars. I do not use wipers often bc I go so fast the rain does not have time to settle on the shield.

Win! :head3:

vt_hokie2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never had an issue with RainX wipers on any of my vehicles, Tahoe included. I've used them exclusively for about 8 years now.

ScubaJim

Reaction score
I wasn't impressed with the Rain-X blades but love Rain-X solution. I run the Bosch Icon's as well.

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else have issue with the passenger side wipe not making full contact with the windshield? It is almost like the last third of the wiper doesn't make contact with the windshield in the down position. Sorry to jack the thread....I also use the Icons or Stocks

My '03 DeVille DTS has this same problem, no matter what blades I use. Like you mentioned, it's only an issue in the down position. Once the wipers come on the blade makes full contact with the windshield and wipes perfectly. I've never had this problem on my '07 Burb. I think it's the curvature of the Caddy windshield that causes this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obs_teezy