Rain sensing wipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tx07tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 2007 Tahoe LTZ with rain sensing wipers. Sometimes they come on when its not raining and there is no water on the windshield. And sometimes they dont come on at all. Plus sometimes the winshield washers go off by them selfs. One of the times it did it I was at sonic and it got all over the carhot. lol. Anyone have any answers for this.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
The rain sense wipers on these trucks always have issues, I say if there is a fuse for the Automatic wiper system, just pull it out to stop the system from funcitoning.
Or just visit the dealer.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 2007 Tahoe LTZ with rain sensing wipers. Sometimes they come on when its not raining and there is no water on the windshield. And sometimes they dont come on at all. Plus sometimes the winshield washers go off by them selfs. One of the times it did it I was at sonic and it got all over the carhot. lol. Anyone have any answers for this.

They're terrible. Get a nice sprinkle at night, and you can't see anything for 20 seconds. Really, really bad.

Yuk_Nali_6.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always thought that was a stupid feature. Do they think people are too dumb or lazy to turn on wipers???

OP
OP
tx07tahoe

tx07tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya it is kinda stupid but you dont need to pull a fuse there is a over ride so it doesnt go off in the car wash. I think Iam going to just do that. Thanks for the input.

stss95

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I disconnected mine awhile ago... if you pull the black cover off that is next to your rearview mirror that is where the sensor is... simply unplug the wire and they dont come on anymore. They are terrible in the midwest especially when you get salt spray from the car infront of you and they come on and smear the crap out of the windshield.

07-fivethree

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is hilarious to know that a Sonic somewhere got a free rinse down. I can just imagine... and for some reason, I just cannot stop laughing. I can imagine that happening to Kevin James in the show "King of Queens" after he bought that jazzed up Cherokee... anyways, I just had a moment.

nytahoe

"Tha Butcha"
Reaction score
Its bad when its snowing and they dont come on. even if i over ride it they dont come on, only if i hit the mist. n if i have my bass up it never feels the rain drops.

quick66ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have them on my Hoe, but they were awesome on the Trailblazer SS I used to own. That and the heated seats are the 2 things I miss about that ride.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I put stuff like my school folders and wallet and such in front of the center console and the wipers would magically turn on and wipe themselves 5 times, putting out steaming fluid each time.

Come to find out, the stuff I had been setting there was pushing the heated windshield wiper button, which turned those on. If you set things down there, try putting it in the back or something and see if it solves part of the problem. Did for me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk

Latest posts