Rain sensing wipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nytahoe

"Tha Butcha"
Reaction score
heated windshield wiper button ftw. takes ice right off.
i did hit it one time and didnt know it. i was pullin my wave runner and the backup sens did pick up the trailer plug in right away. i thought i hit the other buttion. had the sunroof opend sittin at a light, took a shower. haha.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hahaha. Yeah when my my older brothers and I were loading our waverunners the sensor went CRAZY. This was right after I got the truck so I had no idea how to turn it off. Sucks you had the sunroof open haha.

Tx07tahoe, look below your AC controls and you'll see the buttons to turn off Stabilitrak and the reverse sensors. Since yours is an LTZ I assume you have the heated windshield fluid button (unless you took it to the dealer and they removed it).

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 2007 Tahoe LTZ with rain sensing wipers. Sometimes they come on when its not raining and there is no water on the windshield. And sometimes they dont come on at all. Plus sometimes the winshield washers go off by them selfs. One of the times it did it I was at sonic and it got all over the carhot. lol. Anyone have any answers for this.

Take it to the dealer. There is a TSB for the heated wiper fluid unit that also affects the rain sensor. I had the same problems and this seems to have fixed it. BTW the TSB addresses fire issues related to the heater wiper fluid unit. You should have received a notice in the mail.

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

Ya it is kinda stupid but you dont need to pull a fuse there is a over ride so it doesnt go off in the car wash. I think Iam going to just do that. Thanks for the input.

The automatic wiper function is only on when the intermittant wiper function is engaged. Make sure the intermittant wiper rotating knob is in the off position and the automatic wiper function will not turn on in the car wash.

OP
OP
tx07tahoe

tx07tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I got the notice in the mail just havent got it done yet. I also I one for my 02 explorer. Need to get both done.

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

The thing about the windshield wiper fluid going off is that it has only happpened a couple of times. Once it was going off for ten minutes. I think my truck hates me.lol

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have them on my Hoe, but they were awesome on the Trailblazer SS I used to own. That and the heated seats are the 2 things I miss about that ride.

TrailblazerSS? what year did they start rain-sensing wipers on those?

edit*just found it.. $70 option? why the hell weren't they on all of them lol...

Last edited:

LTZboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are suppose to wipe once every now and then if you leave them on to alert you they have been left on. They shouldn't just continue to wipe without water on the windshield or start washing by themselves though.

LTZboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a very good question. I remember reading about it in the manual but when I just looked it didn't say anything about that. Maybe it was online that I saw it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon