Radiator keeps taking my Transmission out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure I buy a conspiracy theory... People are lazy!

Open door, pop the hood, pour water down the small tube to sabotage the transmission and close the hood, so nobody knows you were even there messing with it...?
Seems like that would be Waaay too much work for the average malicious moron!

I would think the average mean-spirited person with an evil plot would simply go for dumping something into the gas tank filler. Taking the fuel system and the engine down in one pass would be more in line with the evil-minded conspirators in the world, not to mention much easier. Which is exactly what the lazy person is looking for.

Someone targeting the destruction of your transmission? Not on my list of plausible explanations for water in the transmission.

I tend to lean towards one of the repair shops involved not doing something they should have.

OP
OP
N

newtek007

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We will see what happens in 5 months. This is how long the last one lasted. Another note, what is the major difference between a $400 OEM GM radiator and a $250 Oreilly unit? Just curious.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We will see what happens in 5 months. This is how long the last one lasted. Another note, what is the major difference between a $400 OEM GM radiator and a $250 Oreilly unit? Just curious.
That must be Oreilly prices. You can get a GM one for $205 on Rockauto. I wouldn’t trust a house brand to last long.

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure I buy a conspiracy theory... People are lazy!

Open door, pop the hood, pour water down the small tube to sabotage the transmission and close the hood, so nobody knows you were even there messing with it...?
Seems like that would be Waaay too much work for the average malicious moron!

I would think the average mean-spirited person with an evil plot would simply go for dumping something into the gas tank filler. Taking the fuel system and the engine down in one pass would be more in line with the evil-minded conspirators in the world, not to mention much easier. Which is exactly what the lazy person is looking for.

Someone targeting the destruction of your transmission? Not on my list of plausible explanations for water in the transmission.

I tend to lean towards one of the repair shops involved not doing something they should have.
You know some lazy vengeful people.
I have been witness to some long thought out vengeful plans.

1.Guy 1 steals tools from guy2
Guy 2 does the following

A set of Dana 60 axles cut down so they were just the bolt on ends. Originals removed and cut down ones installed and original axles placed in truck toolbox. Guy thought his clutch was out so had it towed and replaced. Shop then said must be the rearend go to disassemble and wtf is this. He later found the original axles in his truck box

2. Guy 1 rips guy 2s girlfriend off at a local shop.

Guy 2 goes on a fishing trip and catches several medium sized bluegills.
Then finds guy 1s car and procedes to remove the cowl and fill it with said bluegills in the middle of a july night.

Vengeance is best thought out and served comically

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know some lazy vengeful people.
I have been witness to some long thought out vengeful plans.

1.Guy 1 steals tools from guy2
Guy 2 does the following

A set of Dana 60 axles cut down so they were just the bolt on ends. Originals removed and cut down ones installed and original axles placed in truck toolbox. Guy thought his clutch was out so had it towed and replaced. Shop then said must be the rearend go to disassemble and wtf is this. He later found the original axles in his truck box

2. Guy 1 rips guy 2s girlfriend off at a local shop.

Guy 2 goes on a fishing trip and catches several medium sized bluegills.
Then finds guy 1s car and procedes to remove the cowl and fill it with said bluegills in the middle of a july night.

Vengeance is best thought out and served comically
There might be a plot in there for a new series on Netflix...
"Beginners Guide to Evil Revenge Plots" LOL

I attempt to getting us a little closer to being back on track, though...
Hopefully, the OP can trace the source of his water in the transmission. I am sure he can't afford to be off the road all the time or keep the wallet open indefinitely. There may come a point, where a decision to cut the losses and dump the truck may have to be made, if a reasonable fix can't be identified soon.

If keeping the truck and getting nowhere with shop(s) previously involved up to this point, I would look for one of those local mom and pop transmission shops. Not a chain. One of those shops that have been doing transmission only, since forever.

One of those shops that has one or two guys and one is the owner. A shop where the floor is covered with speedy dry and oil stains. The dirtier and greasier, the better. You want a shop that doesn't have a fancy waiting room, free sodas or any magazines that are newer than 1990. You want a shop that does not advertise on TV or newspapers, because they have been more than busy just by word of mouth and all the area used car dealers sending them work.

Good luck! Keep us posted. I hope you get something resolved soon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan