Question about potentially the most OCD mod ever!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WTF is this thing and what is it doing in my truck?

picture.php

I keep staring at it and it mocks me!

I mean, the rest of the stuff surrounding the cluster is that wood knock off and then they go and stick this little stupid plastic trim where it don't belong.

Anyone have any idea if that abomination can be removed and if there's an aftermarket faux wood replacement?

Thanks.

PS. I really hate that thing! :)

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Paint all your trim gloss black or any color for that matter.. the faux wood is an abomination to our vehicles:p

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I must be one of the few that actually likes the wood grain trim ... I like the darker denali one even more. Maybe one day when I get bored of it I'll redo the whole thing but not ready to take that on yet.

But I really would like to swap that black plastic bit for a matching wood one.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I must be one of the few that actually likes the wood grain trim ... I like the darker denali one even more. Maybe one day when I get bored of it I'll redo the whole thing but not ready to take that on yet.

But I really would like to swap that black plastic bit for a matching wood one.

Too easy.

oemdash.com

I plan on eventually doing the center console piece that is black plastic that matching wood grain. It's $80 for that one piece... I called them for pricing... I love the wood grain too :Handshake:

SabrToothSqrl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm

it appears u have 4 buttons between the lighters... so u has the heated wiper fluids?

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it appears u have 4 buttons between the lighters... so u has the heated wiper fluids?

Nah I just took that pic from the chevy site ... this is my dash:

picture.php

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just get rid of all the 'wood grain' and paint or vinyl wrap it to match the rest ofthe inside :shrug:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia