Question about Hotchkis Rear Sway Bar Endlinks with 2-3/4 Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WingsAA

CMFIC
Reaction score
So as you know when you install the Belltech 2-3/4 kit from Tony it messes with the angle of the rear stock sway bar unless you get the shorter djm endlinks. Here's my situation...

Before my drop I had already upgraded to the Hotchkis sway bar kit both front and rear with upgraded endlinks: (Rear sway bar is the bar with bent up ends)

2291_3x5.jpg

Due to the bend in the Hotchkis bar, I couldn't seem to get the shorter djm endlinks to mate up correctly so went back to the provided Hotchkis endlinks. Since the Hotchkis bar has the different design/bend... I can just use a shorter endlink without having to offset the swaybar and everything clears fine. Overall, the sway bar angle doesn't seem to be horrible but I'd like to find shorter or adjustable endlinks that would allow me to "dial it in". Last resort could be is to hack the Hotchkis endlinks in half and thread them and make my own adjustable links.

Just wanted to get some feedback from you all since you've helped me a ton already.

Thanks in advance!

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
question did you relocate it to the passengers side the 1 inch with the djm kit? It would go on the inside of drivers link and outside of pass link.

OP
OP
WingsAA

WingsAA

CMFIC
Reaction score
question did you relocate it to the passengers side the 1 inch with the djm kit? It would go on the inside of drivers link and outside of pass link.

I did the 1 inch relocation of the bar to the pass side and "believe" I mounted the links correctly but recall there being a large horizontal gap between the link and the bar. It could be that I was mounting the end link on the wrong side of the bar on one side but I would hope that I would have noticed it. I am starting to lose my mind so I guess it's possible that's what was causing my issue. :shrug:

Here is the image from the install instructions showing the endlink mounted to the inside of the sway bar. I know I installed it this way.

Tahoe-14S.jpg

Last edited:

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry worded that wrong

Here is my drivers side
20120915_113137.jpg

pass side has more twist to it
20120915_095941.jpg

OP
OP
WingsAA

WingsAA

CMFIC
Reaction score
Thanks Tony. You happen to have a pic of the passenger side as well?
I'm going to have to recheck it since I still can't believe it wouldn't work... I had to be making a stupid mistake and not seeing it.

Are you using the upgraded bolts as well?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I did the grade 8 ones like my old thread posted on all the rear bolts and they are bigger so no slop.

OP
OP
WingsAA

WingsAA

CMFIC
Reaction score
I did the grade 8 ones like my old thread posted on all the rear bolts and they are bigger so no slop.

Excellent! Guess in the meantine, I will go ahead and install the grease zerks since the links are off the burb now.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
remember DO NOT torque down the endlinks in the air. Just tighten the bolt on drive around the block then torque them down to 30-35lbs while truck is on the floor. If you overtorque them truck will ride stiff.

The zerks make it nice also to easily grease up

OP
OP
WingsAA

WingsAA

CMFIC
Reaction score
remember DO NOT torque down the endlinks in the air. Just tighten the bolt on drive around the block then torque them down to 30-35lbs while truck is on the floor. If you overtorque them truck will ride stiff.

The zerks make it nice also to easily grease up

Yep... thanks. I can't believe they don't put zerks on them initially but I'm old school.

I'll let you know when I get around to trying the endlinks again... freaking cold now in Ohio and I'm working in Grand Rapids, MI and there was snow on the ground today. :throw:

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No prob but mcgaughys doesnt include it either. Ive been installing these zerks since late 99 on local trucks with te djm hardware kit. Juat a little extra step I like to do

Im good friends with jeff mike and mark at djm ill shoot this idea maybe can get it included in future runs. I know would be a nice idea

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076