Putting a 2018 Silverado/Sierra Jump Seat into a 2016 Suburban/Tahoe/Yukon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could you make me 2 of those armrest covers ? And how much :)
So I spent 180 bones on the 3d printer (crealty ender)from amz, and besides a baby groot, these are the only things worth a crap I made. Thought it would be more of a hobby, but its not my bag. Kids dont really care. I packed it up during early covid spring cleaning as it was taking too much space, and havent missed it. Probably cheaper, easier, and quicker to whittle something from wood...

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

nglauer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is an awesome addition. If like to do this to my 15 Tahoe as well.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Jdsuburban

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I found this thread while trying to put an eighth seat in my 2019 suburban premier. I have the mahogany/black interior so the middle seat in black was a pretty good option considering the mahogany color or the premier never has the eighth seat option.

the center seat is out of a 2019/2020 Silverado or Sierra. The seat itself is vinyl and firm. It doesn’t quite match the leather but it’s close and it’s the kids favorite seat. It sits up a little higher and forward so the rear seats can still fold. The built in seatbelt is what made this one the best option for me.

I used stock parts with little to no modifications so the average person can do this.

sparco 00492lat adjustable seat bracket $99 worked well. Mine is installed as low as possible in the rear and high in the front to match the stock recline angle. If you want your seat lower, the you would have to cut the top of the bracket and drill a new hole for the rear
https://rcagarage.com/shop/safety/seat-brackets-frames/sparco-side-mount-adjustable-steel-00492lat/

sparco seat bottom hardware.
https://rcagarage.com/shop/safety/seat-brackets-frames/sparco-seat-hardware-kit-bottom-mnt-50001/

Seat with belt installed. Mine does not have storage bins or power or vents. $225 from ebay.

Grade 10.8 bolts and nuts and lots of washers from Lowe’s. They need to be the ones with thread all the way to the head so you can tighten the first nut right to the oem seat brackets. I got an assortment of lengths so I didn’t have to cut any and they don’t poke up through the carpet. They were the largest metric diameter that fits the sparco bracket. I also doubled the bolts in the rear because of the seatbelt.

First line up the seat so it’s straight. Note that the suburban floor is not symmetrical. The OEM brackets are at different heights in all 4 four corners. I fixed that with extra washer and nuts using 3 different length bolts so they are all the same height at the end and the seat is level.

F6C4210F-2961-45F1-A654-02A31B5D3A96.jpeg
Mark holes. I used blocks of wood and shims to hold the seat still. Make sure the rear seats fold down if you wish. I had the kids sit in it and make sure it’s where we all wanted it because it will not be easy to move again.

C5AFF607-F71A-4A76-8DE9-2600EE2EE726.jpeg

Now unbolt the oem brackets, drill holes and install the bolts, washers and nuts.

52E63308-A940-41F8-8F70-B79CC96FF457.jpeg

8802AB8B-4AC6-466D-B785-EF08205A4FFC.jpeg 434FE3CD-A3F3-4FF3-8CEF-048D69DF776D.jpeg

Jdsuburban

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The OEM carpet does not run fray so you can just cut a plus sign the size of the bolt. I marked and cut the holes before I put the bolts in. That way the carpet lays flat. Holes are tiny and the whole process could be easily reversed.

4FEC40A8-875A-4601-991F-54FBDB6C3B2E.jpeg

All the brackets are double bolted in the rear and single bolted in the front. The seat does not have a headrest but neither does the center rear seat. This has become a favorite seat for the kids as they have a clear view out of the front and sit up a little higher. Tall adults fit it too but you are 1 inch closer to the ceiling and your knees are 2 inches further forward than the captains chairs. Driveshaft hump is fine for kids as they use it as a footrest but adults will find it comfier to share the footspace with the adjacent captains chairs rather than keep you feet on the hump.

When used as an arm rest, it's just about perfect height and similar to the front. Probably a little more cushion to it. I had to remove the oem arm rests and still have the holes unfilled. You can barely see them but I’ll probably cover them soon with a bit of plastic.

DEA7C3A7-9F17-471D-B4F9-CF8D8D9988B8.jpeg

48864ADE-79B8-4BBF-A05A-BB1383F558D7.jpeg

3C231A96-3615-4685-87CD-B704F838B7E9.jpeg

8ACAD757-6382-459D-893D-0286303AF275.jpeg

Overall project was a 2/10 in difficulty and a 10/10 in functionality and a 8/10 in asthetics. The vehicle has white stitching in dark black leather and this jumpseat has black stitching in black vinyl. The black plastic of the jumpseat looks a little cheaper than the rest of the suburban and I would prefer to have had softer foam and matching mahogany leather but it does not exist. No special tools were required other than a cheap drill bit and a bit of oil, I spent a lot of time making sure the height and angles were perfect. It took me about two weeknights after I had ordered all my parts. Using this post, two sets of deep sockets, two 3/8th ratchets and a drill, I could install it in under 2 hrs.

Cantrepeat

Reaction score
Has anyone made any headway on getting the factory USB and 12v plugs in the AUX seat working?

I had to put everything on hold for a while. Wife was diagnosed with ****** cancer and died last June. Just now getting around to this again.

Last edited:

Mathnerd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I spent 180 bones on the 3d printer (crealty ender)from amz, and besides a baby groot, these are the only things worth a crap I made. Thought it would be more of a hobby, but its not my bag. Kids dont really care. I packed it up during early covid spring cleaning as it was taking too much space, and havent missed it. Probably cheaper, easier, and quicker to whittle something from wood...

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
I know this is a couple years old, but would you be willing to share the STL file for the covers?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC