Putting a 2018 Silverado/Sierra Jump Seat into a 2016 Suburban/Tahoe/Yukon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cantrepeat

Reaction score
Little necro here.

I put one of these jump seats in between the two captains chairs in the second row of my Tahoe.

I'm looking for information on getting the wiring to work. It has a couple 12 power ports and 2 USB charging ports.

Anyone got a wiring schem or pin out for the plug handy?

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am interested to see that installed in the second row. Please oblige!

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little necro here.

I put one of these jump seats in between the two captains chairs in the second row of my Tahoe.

I'm looking for information on getting the wiring to work. It has a couple 12 power ports and 2 USB charging ports.

Anyone got a wiring schem or pin out for the plug handy?
I didnt use the wire harnesses, I just spliced a new high speed charger assembly into the rear seat power outlet by going under carpet. Had to take the jump seat apart, but it was pretty straight forward. At first, I just had it plugged in up top so I could remove the seat, but I decided to really bolt it down...209ba5d5fe235ef0ea9c9ec9b75f3598.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's pretty decent looking. Did you have to drill new holes in the floor?

KCB2015

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here it is. 1st is when I had my cargo slide in - excuse the dirty mats as it was after a river outing...ef60a80549b687226b567e4436b1ca14.jpga85634bbb8a862c24362743bab2198fc.jpge958df83955619f8fd4f946a3f8e2082.jpga61e6fb32904754e4e6bc4bc004becb2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Nice job I want to do exactly this on a 2015 Suburban LTZ what type of modifications did you have to do on adding brackets etc... Thanks for sharing this :)

Cantrepeat

Reaction score
Yeah, I did the exact some thing with one. I made some little covers out of king starboard to cover the little post that are under the arm rest. Of course, I removed the arm rest so both the upper and lower parts of the seat would fold up completely.

seat.jpg

seat1.jpg

seat2.jpg

seat3.jpg

seat4.jpg

seat5.jpg

I made some front brackets to mount the front of seat but haven't done anything about the rear yet. I don't intend on letting someone sit in the seat so it's not too critical have the rear fixed to the Tahoe, IMO. Likewise, I removed the seat belt that goes with that seat. I did have to make two small cuts in the carpet for the front mounts.

I think I might end up pulling a 12v source from the fuse panel and running it back there. They make several devices that will reduce voltage from 12v to 5v for the USB part of the factory plugs. This should allow you to set up the 12v power plugs and the factory USB but I haven't tried this route yet.

https://www.amazon.com/HOMREE-Conve...M6WJB8AK0JK&psc=1&refRID=P3SNVHMTNM6WJB8AK0JK

I'll probably add a wireless charging pad to the console at a later date as well.

Last edited:

KCB2015

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah, I did the exact some thing with one. I made some little covers out of king starboard to cover the little post that are under the arm rest. Of course, I removed the arm rest so both the upper and lower parts of the seat would fold up completely.

seat.jpg

seat1.jpg

seat2.jpg

seat3.jpg

seat4.jpg

seat5.jpg

I made some front brackets to mount the front of seat but haven't done anything about the rear yet. I don't intend on letting someone sit in the seat so it's not too critical have the rear fixed to the Tahoe, IMO. Likewise, I removed the seat belt that goes with that seat. I did have to make two small cuts in the carpet for the front mounts.

I think I might end up pulling a 12v source from the fuse panel and running it back there. They make several devices that will reduce voltage from 12v to 5v for the USB part of the factory plugs. This should allow you to set up the 12v power plugs and the factory USB but I haven't tried this route yet.

https://www.amazon.com/HOMREE-Conve...M6WJB8AK0JK&psc=1&refRID=P3SNVHMTNM6WJB8AK0JK

I'll probably add a wireless charging pad to the console at a later date as well.

Very nice :) Thanks a lot , so I haven't actually looked under the carpet yet but are the existing bucket seat plates what you connected to ? Thanks again :)

Cantrepeat

Reaction score
Very nice :) Thanks a lot , so I haven't actually looked under the carpet yet but are the existing bucket seat plates what you connected to ? Thanks again :)

That's exactly what I did. I made two L brackets and bolted to the existing seat mount. The current seat mounts aren't equal distance apart from the center line. So, I had to fab the brackets separately after centering the jump seat. You could do the same to the rear seat if you wanted to, however, I was not going to use it as a seat so I didn't. The added bonus of not mounting the rear part of the jump seat is that it folds up. This makes for easy cleaning under it and might just let people get to the 3rd row seat easier. But, who uses the 3rd row seats? I always have them down for added cargo space.

seat6.jpg

I put some gaffers tape on the underside of the carpet before I cut it just to help keep the fibers intact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu