Pushbutton transfer case swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EfiniMotorsport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 04 Yukon Denali with full time AWD. I'd like to swap the transfer case for something that will give me 2hi, 4hi and 4lo with the push button. I know the regular Yukons and Tahoes use them but not sure if one is any stronger than the other and what years will fit with the least amount of work. I know I'll need the TC itself and the switches but what else is needed to control it? I haven't been able to find much on the swap.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The front axle is also different as in it doesn't have a center axle disconnect. So even if you switch the TCase out, the front axle will still be locked in. Also the AWD system in those years did not have the G80 option because of how traction control is programmed to work. If you change to the Tahoe selectable TCase, you'd be left with a locked front axle, and an open rear end.

OP
OP
E

EfiniMotorsport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the rears on these has an lsd. I'm ok swapping the front diff if needed.

OP
OP
E

EfiniMotorsport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No G80. Is there a list somewhere that I can use to decode all the options?

RPOcodes.com. DUH

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No G80. Is there a list somewhere that I can use to decode all the options?

RPOcodes.com. DUH

For possibly better accuracy, meaning the description of the code for your model and year, try contacting GM directly by chat or email. Alternatively, you can pay $5 at Compnine and decode up to 5 vehicles, handy when you're looking to buy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019