Pulled the Transmission Pan Today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PNWYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I found a guy that will replace the transmission for $1560. 2 yr 24k warranty. Says he uses all the upgraded parts, blah, blah. I'm thinking I'll let him do it. He's been there 8 yrs and talked about washing parts and everything you'd want to hear right down to replacing the rear main seal before I even mentioned it. But, he says he pulls the plate, cleans it, and inserts a new seal and uses a new gasket. Is that an appropriate method? Or should I give him a new seal and plate? Also, shouldn't I have him replace the Cam Sensor while he's at it?

Last edited:

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Idk about cam sensor, that more of a feel good thing at this point.
But, that price is half of what i paid. So if you feel the guy is legitimate, id say take it and run.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can replace the rear main either way, using a new rear cover with main seal pre-installed which includes the gasket or reusing the rear cover and replacing the gasket and rear main seal.

OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it just seems to me the pre installed one on the plate is fool proof. But this guys says he does a lot by just cleaning it up and replacing the seal. And a two yr warranty is better than some other shops charging $2800. Also, I watched some videos where I saw guys replace that camshaft sensor just by reaching around the top at the back of the motor and doing it by feel. It's a $60 part.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the exact same thing happen to me coasting up to a stop sign. At about ten mph slowing to a stop my truck started to act like the TC was jamming up. I was able to limp it home about ten miles. It would be fine till I slowed down to almost a stop then it would jam and sound really harsh. Just coasting down the driveway in neutral it would do the same thing. It ended up being the transmission not the TC. I Had similar parts in my trans pan as well.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rcarew907