PSA: Chilton Service Manuals E-library; you likely have free access to it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CountryBoy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know many here need access to service manuals, diagrams, etc. While Chilton's may not be the best, its likely you have free access to it and didn't even know it. I have never used any other electronic shop manuals so I can't compare but I can say that navigating the Chilton E-manual isn't always intuitive and their wiring/routing diagrams leave a lot to be desired... but it's free so I can't complain.

I recently became aware of 2 different possible Chilton access that many of you may have an not even realize it.

#1 If you are AD/Civilian/Retired/Veteran of the Navy you have access through the MWR digital library. If you don't have a CAC you will have to create a login for the digital library that will then redirect you to the Chilton library. The other branches very likely have similar access but I'm not familiar with them. I've known for a while now about the AD/civvy access but just recently became aware that this could be utilize by vets/retired w/o a CAC.

#2 I just found out today that my local public library has access to the Chilton library. I don't even have to go to the library to use it, I just have to enter my library card number on the Chilton online site.

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to be near post to visit the library to create an account.

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a CAC, but the army one still tells me that I need to register for library access on post.

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... may just be a difference in the way the 2 branches handle it... either way, may still be worth checking out your local public library.

Thanks for the info, I registered and sign in, now I have access to Chilton Library, thanks to you.

OP
OP
C

CountryBoy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I registered and sign in, now I have access to Chilton Library, thanks to you.
Just a tip... I'm not sure how it works from the Army one but Navy one if you're quick to get the url that pops up before it redirects to the chilton digital library you can save that to your favorites and then you can get to the library without logging back into the MWR library. That URL contains your chilton access credential within it so just entering that gets you straight to Chilton.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to save it and maybe pass one on to a vet that doesn't have a CAC anymore?

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to save it and maybe pass one on to a vet that doesn't have a CAC anymore?

Read post 1, you have access as one since your a vet. Follow his steps and your good to go. You will have to go to Military onesource to verify veteran status.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjhorst14