How Google will cash in on your commute - WHat data is being reported

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
Someday some tree huggin' ****** will be come across your fuel usage Randy and seize your Yukon for the good of the people! Then they'll see all those full throttle runs, a quarter mile at a time in the same place every Wednesday and Friday night for years on end and send you a whole bunch of speeding tickets in the mail or revoke your license, for the good of the people! LOL
I think it was Illinois... that recently changed the cost of renewing the registration of an electric vehicle to $1,000 because the state was missing out on all the taxes from the fuel those drivers weren't buying. California is at almost a dollar per gallon fuel tax. They'll happily sell you more fuel and tax it, and then ticket you when you were driving too fast and then punish you for burning said fuel with a gas guzzler tax.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someday some tree huggin' ****** will be come across your fuel usage Randy and seize your Yukon for the good of the people! Then they'll see all those full throttle runs, a quarter mile at a time in the same place every Wednesday and Friday night for years on end and send you a whole bunch of speeding tickets in the mail or revoke your license, for the good of the people! LOL

jokes on them....i drive a plug in hybrid 110+ miles 6 days a week, yukon is usually on ethanol and i do not know of any of this speeding of which you speak :angels2:

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
I think for the most part tech is pretty cool and useful, I'm by no means anti-tech but like everything it has it's caveats; Everything about us is being collected in a database without our knowledge and in the wrong hands could be bad.

but Imo the pros outweigh the cons. with how advanced tech has gotten you can have all the world's knowledge right at your fingertips. So why not enjoy it?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked to a guy last month whose job was to write software that listens to you via the speaker on our phones and looks for certain key words. If you mention a brand of hair spray, the software also looks for words that you use to describe whether you like it or not. Then they sell that information to the hair spray company.

On one end this is used to improve products and target audiences for certain products but it can and will be used for nefarious purposes. We got along just fine without this stuff. I would argue that Facebook has actually made people more disconnected and addicted to the content on their phones. Women and children have been hit the hardest.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We got along just fine without this stuff. I would argue that Facebook has actually made people more disconnected and addicted to the content on their phones. Women and children have been hit the hardest.

Totally agree with this. IMO it actually started back when AOL came out...

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im on Facebook myself but i use it rarely as its generally just riddled with click bait or someone i know crying about something stupid. the only thing i really hate about technology is its fairly difficult anymore to get rid of the crap they put on our devices. a while ago i managed to delete the Facebook app off my phone only to find it was reinstalled during an update.

Jeff Groves

Retired Demo Expert. I don't need to run anymore!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use to have a spare computer set up with a program I wrote.
It did nothing but search for random stuff from a word list.
I suppose there's a data base somewhere the people are wondering
"WTH is a nuclear powered midget nun?"

I also freak data collection by adding IED to any searches. :evillol:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65