Proper designation.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New here,
FINALLY about to close on a 14 LTZ. if it checks out then she will be Mine. is this the proper designation? NNBS GMT900?
I see this and a similar designation want to make sure i post in the right spot.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup. '07-'14 is the GMT900 platform. Commonly referred to as the "new, new body style".

Welcome to the cult. You had a GMT800 before, right?

OP
OP
Shunto

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No Sir,
Never had one before.. This if all checks out will be my first one. I really like this body style on the 14. I came here to learn as much about this as i can. Currently i have a 97 4 Runner.
It seems to be a bit overwhelming with the different engine sizes and Tahoe vs Esky vs Denali.. I was looking originally for an LTZ Tahoe w/o a sunroof then i realized to get that I'd have to drop drown to the next lower PKG ( LT/LS)
Then i wasn't sure i wanted to do that..Blah Blaah Blah. Finding one with low miles.. you get it.. Thanks for the warm welcome.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No Sir,
Never had one before.. This if all checks out will be my first one. I really like this body style on the 14. I came here to learn as much about this as i can. Currently i have a 97 4 Runner.
It seems to be a bit overwhelming with the different engine sizes and Tahoe vs Esky vs Denali.. I was looking originally for an LTZ Tahoe w/o a sunroof then i realized to get that I'd have to drop drown to the next lower PKG ( LT/LS)
Then i wasn't sure i wanted to do that..Blah Blaah Blah. Finding one with low miles.. you get it.. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Ah. I must've confused you with another member. I've seen you around enough and thought you were moving up to the next generation of SUV.

I'm sure you've found by now that you're in a good place for venturing into your unknown. Props to you for doing your research before pulling the trigger. Looking forward to the "intro" thread, and don't forget the pics!

OP
OP
Shunto

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, i have been around here for ages.. I figured that this was a good place to hang out. I've been wanting one of these since they were current- then i got cold feets and bought another 3rd gen runner then sold that(but keeping my original) and came back here snooping around your build looks pretty interesting. still building it?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New here,
FINALLY about to close on a 14 LTZ. if it checks out then she will be Mine. is this the proper designation? NNBS GMT900?
I see this and a similar designation want to make sure i post in the right spot.

NNBS is an unofficial term. GMT900 is the generational platform name, a 2007-2014 Tahoe is technically a GMT921.

Yeah, i have been around here for ages.. I figured that this was a good place to hang out. I've been wanting one of these since they were current- then i got cold feets and bought another 3rd gen runner then sold that(but keeping my original) and came back here snooping around your build looks pretty interesting. still building it?
He might be thinking of a fellow with the screen name of Suunto.

His is for sale! Want to buy it?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... your build looks pretty interesting. still building it?

Thanks, and "slowly". Even more so since I'm kinda wanting to sell it. It depends on if and how another Tahoe can be acquired that I'm interested in. There's a lot to balance!

OP
OP
Shunto

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NNBS is an unofficial term. GMT900 is the generational platform name, a 2007-2014 Tahoe is technically a GMT921.

He might be thinking of a fellow with the screen name of Suunto.

His is for sale! Want to buy it?
Thanks for the clarification. the deal that i had in mind fell apart. My Tech didn't like excessive shavings in the oil and somewhere else.. I just forget where.

OP
OP
Shunto

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, and "slowly". Even more so since I'm kinda wanting to sell it. It depends on if and how another Tahoe can be acquired that I'm interested in. There's a lot to balance!
What you reckon will be the next project if you sell this?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What you reckon will be the next project if you sell this?

Well, I'm already targeting this other Tahoe, so I know what that project will be. This other Tahoe is pretty much the only thing that I'd sell my current one for. If it doesn't work out, I'll be fine with keeping mine and pressing on with it. I'm intentionally remaining vague about it in case it falls through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove