Problems after brake swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IZZY_BRITTON

Reaction score
This sounds ridiculous I know... But...

You need to center the porporioning valve (spelled wrong but you get the idea).

You will need to do this with a good OBD2 scanner. Like a snap on solice or comparable scanner. It is usually in the main BRAKE menu.

I had the exact same issue on my 03 2500HD after changing everything out, control arms, front able stubs, rotors, calipers, and wheel speed sensor cradles, bearing hubs, everything... After fighting with it for 2 weeks and finally replacing the master cylinder and power steering pump, someone said center the proportioning valve, at which I scoffed thinking it was a joke like topping of blinker fluid or changing the muffler bearing. Because I am/was old school, pre-computer controlled vehicles I fought the urge to look stupid at the local mechanic shop and finally asked if this was legit. It is.

Do it, it should solve your problems.

Izzy

OP
OP
H

Heldju

Reaction score
Brake lines are ok.
By block I mean that the wheel is locked and make black marks on the road

I think I figured out what the problem was. It was poor wheel alignment.

Bill-H

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have a elm 327 bluetooth already and got the chevronsys free app. works pretty good for abs codes, can see history, and clear history too. also does live data and tranny and engine codes. as well as clearing them too.

What is this "chevronsys free app" you speak of ??
Googled it and can't find anything. Would LOVE to have a diagnostic app for the 'Hoe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900