2003 Hydro Boost Swap Question …

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dps01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of information on forums regarding swapping vacuum assist to hydro boost braking system.

I know that the hydro boost brake pedal is different than the vacuum assist brake pedal and must be used in the swap.

Do vehicles with adjustable pedals (JF4) use the same brake pedals as the non adjustable vehicles (depending upon the assist method) ? Or is there yet another version of the brake pedal for JF4 equipped vehicles?

I have not come across a JF4 hydro boost equipped vehicle in a bone yard to compare…(yet)

Apologize in advance if this question has already been answered…

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of information on forums regarding swapping vacuum assist to hydro boost braking system.

I know that the hydro boost brake pedal is different than the vacuum assist brake pedal and must be used in the swap.

Do vehicles with adjustable pedals (JF4) use the same brake pedals as the non adjustable vehicles (depending upon the assist method) ? Or is there yet another version of the brake pedal for JF4 equipped vehicles?

I have not come across a JF4 hydro boost equipped vehicle in a bone yard to compare…(yet)

Apologize in advance if this question has already been answered…
You are in luck. I have a 05 Yukon Denali and (2) 03 Tahoe LT's. Denali has Hydroboost. What is it that you need to see or know about the brake pedals?

OP
OP
dps01

dps01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am looking for the relative position of the stud on the brake pedal that connects to the master cylinder assist.

I have a vacuum assist set up with adjustable pedals. Trying to ascertain if the brake pedal design for hydro boost is the same for both adjustable and non adjustable pedals. I know it is different between vacuum and hydro boost.

See attached from GMFS. IMG_9795.jpeg

project_x

Reaction score
I can take some pics. I have a JF4 equipped Yukon Denali that I am stripping. I have everything out of the interior except the pedals, so can take a few pics and make some measurements.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan