Price Gouging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon21Denali

Reaction score
Free market, demand and supply... many, like me, would not pay anything over sticker but some others would. Most dealers around me are marking up since demand is so high right now and factory can't keep up.

Chris Wheatley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought my Yukon XL AT4 from Bob Jeannotte GMC in the Detroit metro area and drove it back. They only sell with GM Employee discount pricing or Supplier pricing. They'll give you a supplier price if you don't qualify for employee pricing. I got mine for about $3500 under MSRP. Bought in mid-March. Ask for Ray Calvin. Transaction was a breeze. Even picked me up at the airport.

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just outrageous. Pushing into Escalade territory. Koons has 19 xl’s there. Hmmm wonder why. This was the biggest markup. Most are around 5k over. Tack on more BS fees and tax your look at over 100k. Nope

58e887f13c12e53240a4759c53941c2e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just outrageous. Pushing into Escalade territory. Koons has 19 xl’s there. Hmmm wonder why. This was the biggest markup. Most are around 5k over. Tack on more BS fees and tax your look at over 100k. Nope

58e887f13c12e53240a4759c53941c2e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is ridiculous. They know some people have to have it now and with low supply they can always lower it at the end of the MY and sell them when no one else has them. Smart money waits till the market comes to them.

Gmo79

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow.. 19 in stock! Looks like they are having a Memorial Day weekend sale too… some XLs are now +15K over MSRP

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a couple buddys that are car dealers. They suggest that if you want a new truck, order it to spec, online. No dealer mark ups, and you get exactly what you want.

Locally, my dealers are ordering 1 of 2 builds. Fully loaded, or plain jane. nothing inbetween.

Brett776

Reaction score
Dealer here in south FL has a Yukon Denali used with 2300 miles for 93k! I know they get up there but it’s used !! I’m sure someone will pay it though.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a couple buddys that are car dealers. They suggest that if you want a new truck, order it to spec, online. No dealer mark ups, and you get exactly what you want.

Locally, my dealers are ordering 1 of 2 builds. Fully loaded, or plain jane. nothing inbetween.

What makes you think a dealer HAS to accept an "ordered" vehicle at MSRP?

EMTPete

Reaction score
Wow.. 19 in stock! Looks like they are having a Memorial Day weekend sale too… some XLs are now +15K over MSRP
I’m not sure why anyone would pay so much over MSRP. I had an interesting email exchange with Koons this week. In a nut shell he told me it’s a sellers market and I should not having any issue with them charging $5 or $10k (even $15k on some) because used car trade in values are up some…. Koons will never get any business from me.

MelloYello95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We purchased our Yukon through Rhinelander GMC Buick in Rhinelander, WI. Yukon was on sale and they honored the sale price online. We flew 1500 miles, 2 day drive back home and still came in several thousand under MSRP including our transportation costs to pick it up.

Great drive too, Wisconsin and Iowa are beautiful states!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269

Latest posts