Price Gouging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marc Marc

Reaction score
Just received my factory ordered AT4, with the max trailering package, and paid full MSRP despite normally getting the GM family discount and customer loyalty discount. Guess at least I avoided a second sticker cost!

It is not only us customers suffering the consequences of shortages; the dealer can't get inventory. When my AT4 was built a couple of weeks ago, the plant only built 11 that whole week. I was one of the lucky ones.

tlockhart

Reaction score
I found my Denali and had to pay sticker for it. I'd been chatting with every dealership within about 100 miles of me, and almost all of them were selling above sticker, or had some mandatory "green" "red carpet" type special. Usually adding about 2500-3k to the vehicle.

I actually got really lucky with mine, it seems that when mine was ordered, the destination charge was less than now, and the upcharge for paint was less. Got mine for 81,300 and the same exact specs were going at 82,600.

Jwedge

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nope, another location, same organization. On there website, they call it an “upfit” fee, although the supplemental dealer sticker calls it a market adjustment.
I worked as a district manager for GM and they call that "ADM" or additional dealer mark up. Have you checked with Zoom and the internet dealers?

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I worked as a district manager for GM and they call that "ADM" or additional dealer mark up. Have you checked with Zoom and the internet dealers?
Which us buyers simply call gouging...... Same thing when a sheet of 1/2" OSB is over $50........

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found my Denali and had to pay sticker for it. I'd been chatting with every dealership within about 100 miles of me, and almost all of them were selling above sticker, or had some mandatory "green" "red carpet" type special. Usually adding about 2500-3k to the vehicle.

I actually got really lucky with mine, it seems that when mine was ordered, the destination charge was less than now, and the upcharge for paint was less. Got mine for 81,300 and the same exact specs were going at 82,600.
Same tlockhart from the FPace forum? Did you buy a Yukon too? What did you get?

abearsfan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
my friend wholesales cars for a dealer in NOVA and he showed me an auction price for a used 2021 Tahoe AT4 that went for 79K which does not include the fees! I asked him to sell mine if he can!

Bill Barnes

Reaction score
Nope, another location, same organization. On there website, they call it an “upfit” fee, although the supplemental dealer sticker calls it a market adjustment.

I bought my 2005 Yukon XL new at Joyce Koons in Manassas. I have 202K on it, and I'm on a Historic Route 66 trip, returning home. I have 6600 miles on the trip so far, with relatively minor issues. I had been thinking about going to Koons to look at inventory, but after your post, I think I'll keep what I have!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157