Price gouging everywhere?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YhEnThAlPy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am living in Seattle area and interested in ordering a 2022 Tahoe Premier with GM supplier discount. I've been talking to some dealers here and they all don't accept the order and most of them have a $5K mark up even for custom order. Is it normal? Do all people pay above MSRP to get their Tahoe nowadays?

ugotdubbz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not all dealers are screwing people. My dealer honored my supplier discount, ordered my 21 Z71 with no deposit and did not add on any extras. They also kept me very informed while it was being built and during the shipment process. I ordered July 15th and took delivery October 2nd. They even did the paper work for me to get September's Truck month incentive of $1000 in accessories or $500 bonus cash. I am in central Virginia. I have been using this dealer for over 25 years.

tlockhart

Reaction score
I'm in Seattle and experienced this with my 21 Denali. I finally found a dealer up in Everett, Clyde Revord and paid sticker. It felt like robbery on my part.

Good luck!

miss_chelsy

Reaction score
I will say if you have a trade in though you are getting at least $5k more than you would normally. I did a KBB instant cash offer in July and the price was $43k which was a huge surprise in the first place and I did it again yesterday and it's $48k. But yes, here in Texas I would say about 70% of dealerships have $3k-5k over MSRP.

GoTigersGo10

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Unfortunately the answer to this is yes. I have a deposit at two dealers currently one sells most Yukons with a 10k addendum(not kidding). They acted like I robbed the bank by ordering me a 2022 at MRSP. Which is 85k.

Have GM supplier pricing but nobody would honor it. Laura would honor but they demand a trade which I think you can figure out how that would go.

What a world.

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I got my RST in June my dealer was the only one I found with no mark ups. A week later after getting my RST went back to pick up some promised items and my sales guy showed me look bro you got yours at a good time we just got word from owner to add 5k mark up on everything…

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here, Got MSRP and not missing a chip. Thought not a great deal... Now to have a whole one with a Dmax at MSRP= Fortunate....Same dealer +5k or more min now. I bet a solid year before MSRP comes back...

Rangerdeepv

Reaction score
Had to pay 4K over list for my Yukon diesel. They were actually the 'cheapest' around. Problem was/is this was the only vehicle with all of my 'gotta have' options within 750 miles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17