Price gouging everywhere?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not all dealers are screwing people. My dealer honored my supplier discount, ordered my 21 Z71 with no deposit and did not add on any extras. They also kept me very informed while it was being built and during the shipment process. I ordered July 15th and took delivery October 2nd. They even did the paper work for me to get September's Truck month incentive of $1000 in accessories or $500 bonus cash. I am in central Virginia. I have been using this dealer for over 25 years.
Would you be able to share the name of your dealer?

I would consider them in a few months.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealers around here are giving employee discount. Plus any rebates available.

jgeorgeunc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Waiting on our '21 RST to be delivered. Purchased back in August at sticker. Called a nearby dealer again today to see if another one was coming sooner and they are asking for a 20k market adjustment now.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Waiting on our '21 RST to be delivered. Purchased back in August at sticker. Called a nearby dealer again today to see if another one was coming sooner and they are asking for a 20k market adjustment now.
LOL. Let's see if that's still the case when the 2022 Ford Expedition hits dealerships and Jeep ramps up production of the Wagoneer in a few month.

gregtay

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am living in Seattle area and interested in ordering a 2022 Tahoe Premier with GM supplier discount. I've been talking to some dealers here and they all don't accept the order and most of them have a $5K mark up even for custom order. Is it normal? Do all people pay above MSRP to get their Tahoe nowadays?
Yes.. dealers here are all terrible and they are jacking up the prices. I ended up buying out of state and having it shipped... WAY easier and cheaper. Just go talk to the Seattle dealers on an Escalade.. they want +$40k.

OP
OP
Y

YhEnThAlPy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yeah, that’s my thinking as well. I am going to wait until expedition timberline is out. The new timberline model looks good to me. It has adaptive cruise control which is missing in Z71 and AT4

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just refuse to pay it. I've been doing some cross shopping for another brand it ended with a dealer by telling them I would do a 5% discount and no add ons so when the market changes let me know. Problem is too many will pay full retail or more because they just have to have it now where did this come from.

Saltydog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5K seems to be the average upcharge over sticker around here, though some are pushing 10k. It's nuts, but then again people are paying it:eek:

Initially, we paid 3k over, but once that turned into an extended warranty, so all in all not bad, but certainly not the best deal I have ever scored.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5K seems to be the average upcharge over sticker around here, though some are pushing 10k. It's nuts, but then again people are paying it:eek:

Initially, we paid 3k over, but once that turned into an extended warranty, so all in all not bad, but certainly not the best deal I have ever scored.
When supply returns to normal, they are going to get hosed on used pricing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick