Tahoe HC or Yukon SLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greg_tahoe84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

It is been a while since I had a GM vehicle. I am looking to return to the world of GM.

The two models I am looking at are the 2023 Tahoe High Country and Yukon SLT. (Trying to find a Yukon Denali in the lot is near impossible and the GMC dealers in my area are horrendous in terms of ordering or incentives, and their inventory is inaccurate or non-transparent). Obviously, the interiors are almost the same. The tahoe HC has everything you can imagine: super cruise, air ride, tech package, etc. It is higher MSRP, but I have a Chevy dealer that is willing to accept the Friends/family discount (I will believe it when I see it) and other incentives. There isnt a GMC dealer that I know of that will accept that discount. I also love the appearance of the copper trimmed grill of the HC.

Is there any tangible or intangible benefit to getting the Yukon SLT over the Tahoe HC? Does the air ride suspension really make a difference versus just magnetic ride?

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

It is been a while since I had a GM vehicle. I am looking to return to the world of GM.

The two models I am looking at are the 2023 Tahoe High Country and Yukon SLT. (Trying to find a Yukon Denali in the lot is near impossible and the GMC dealers in my area are horrendous in terms of ordering or incentives, and their inventory is inaccurate or non-transparent). Obviously, the interiors are almost the same. The tahoe HC has everything you can imagine: super cruise, air ride, tech package, etc. It is higher MSRP, but I have a Chevy dealer that is willing to accept the Friends/family discount (I will believe it when I see it) and other incentives. There isnt a GMC dealer that I know of that will accept that discount. I also love the appearance of the copper trimmed grill of the HC.

Is there any tangible or intangible benefit to getting the Yukon SLT over the Tahoe HC? Does the air ride suspension really make a difference versus just magnetic ride?
Air ride is a must if you tow anything very heavy (tongue weight north of a couple hundred lbs), unless you go to a weight distributing hitch, and even then...it is very helpful (at the "risk" of it failing and costing coin to fix later).
GMC's get Fog Lights, none of the Chevy models have them.
You may have slightly different interior color choices available in the SLT vs Black or Mocha in the High Country
You can get Super Cruise in the HC, not in the SLT (I think)
Wheel choices are slightly different. Personal pref there.
You get 3 years of GM connected services included for $1500 as a non deletable option on the GMC
Beyond that, if you are staying at SLT, the HC is probably a nicer ride.

If you go Denali, there are some intangibles that go further (but you asked about the SLT specifically):
-The leather on the seats is actually all leather on the surfaces of the first 2 rows, In the Chevy's and lower GMC trims, only the very center surface is leather, rest is plastic leather.
-You get the different dash layout in the Denali
-You get real wood (ok, composite w/ a venier, but it isn't plastic)
-You get Acoustic Laminated Front Door glass on the Denali for better sound proofing
-You get 3 years of Connected Services to make your Infotainment work (included as a non deletable option for $900) vs buying it from GM
-You can get an electronic limited slip diff as an option, vs the mechanical locker on the lower tims and Chevys
-You get a 14 Speaker Bose system in the Denali
-You lose the A Pillar Assist handles in the Denali (wish I had these)

Those are what I can think of off the top of my mind, others may remember more.

OP
OP
G

greg_tahoe84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uugh, well, don't overlook the concept of a one way plane ticket and a drive back...good luck!

A good dealer is definitely worth it!
Appreciate it. I am moving to the Fort Worth TX area towards the end of next month. From what I hear the market isn't that much better in that area either. Push comes to shove and I dont get one down here, I may be in touch since it is at least a little closer.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in south florida area. A cesspool of a market.

look up this dealer...rivard gmc. I've seen other posts about them and don't think I've seen anything negative...they are substantially discounting their Yukons online...would be worth an email/call to see if there are any disclaimers/contingencies on their prices...

OP
OP
G

greg_tahoe84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
look up this dealer...rivard gmc. I've seen other posts about them and don't think I've seen anything negative...they are substantially discounting their Yukons online...would be worth an email/call to see if there are any disclaimers/contingencies on their prices...

Called them up. Told me they don’t have them in lot and GM is not taking any more orders. Trust me, they were on my radar as the only place that gives dealer discounts.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the SLT come with air or mrc? Ours has neither and I 100% prefer it that way. It rides super smooth even with a level kit installed and I don't have to worry about a stupid sensor failing or cold temperatures affecting my suspension. I've rode in a gm vehicle with failed mrc shocks and it was horrible. Our yukon does squat badly with a trailer behind it but we didn't buy it for towing so no biggie I have a 2500 HD for that.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd probably go with the HC based on what is stated here. I think they look nicer than an SLT, more of that rugged look. If you can get better options included for less money that's where I'd go. In the end, they are all very similar underneath their skin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy