Prepping for Plati Dip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

easybake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any one have any good methods they follow when prepping for plasti dip? I plan on dipping my front and rear bumpers.

boozer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just use alcohol. And use about 4 coats of dip. I've had my rear bumper done now for a year and a half and still looks pretty good and is holding up well

OP
OP
E

easybake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Surprisingly I never thought about using alcohol. I used simple green last night and it really cleaned up the chrome. Before I spray this week I will make sure to use alcohol.

N2snow2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Surprisingly I never thought about using alcohol. I used simple green last night and it really cleaned up the chrome. Before I spray this week I will make sure to use alcohol.

Alky works good mine have bee dipped almost 2 years.......

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used regular dish soap and then wiped it down with a paint safe adhesive remover. Sprayed it down afterwards and went to town

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol I didnt do any prep for my dip... I literally dipped right over my dirty bumpers and grill. Have had them dipped for 2+yrs no lifting at all. I only preped my wheels, with alcohol.

OP
OP
E

easybake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol I didnt do any prep for my dip... I literally dipped right over my dirty bumpers and grill. Have had them dipped for 2+yrs no lifting at all. I only preped my wheels, with alcohol.

Interesting. I thought about this, since the dip is so think that it wouldn't really have an effect one way or another.

:hmmm2:

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has anyone tried flexi dip i ran out of plasti so i was going to get more but i bought the flexi instead because everyone i talked says plasti dip is crap
so far i havent notice much difference except it seems the flexi dip drys alot quicker

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubba6

Latest posts