Got a second GMC Yukon Denali, 2007

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 and a 2007, Both have 180K miles

Got the 2013 a few months ago, am pretty happy with it. The ideal SUV. Lots of room, sold the 3rd row seats. One owner, garaged, well maintained. Well the front ends needs lower ball joints but while at it, will replace other front end components.

Just got a second one, 2007. The 2007 needed some maintenance. It drives straight unlike 2013, and no AFM components but needed lots of other things - the moonroof drains were plugged, needed new starter, the ground wire for the brake lights was corroded, a hard to troubleshoot repair, O2 sensor.. but all that's resolved. Nice ride, the size of my old 2008 5.3L Tahoe except better in every way. I am going to assume it also got the 4L60E tranny. The PO told me he had the tranny replaced at a shop with a low-mileage transmission. If that's true, it makes up for all the other things. My 2008 Tahoe tranny went to 265K miles with no issues and was still running when sold it.

I think the only thing questionable about the Denali line is all the power gizmos. Adds complexity, cost and weight and drain on the battery. There is just no reason at all why the tailgate cannot be opened manually, the old fashioned way without the power assist, or the front seats. I think they did it just to be competitive with the other brands.

I just did my first upgrade on the 2013 Denali XL, added a supersized battery, the Walmart "platinum" line. It was supposed to be for the newer Yukon/Burb gen, not 2013 and it barely fit but I made it fit, had to unbolt the overflow tank, install the battery and also loosen the ground wire to the engine block, change its angle a bit and re-tighten it. Works nicely. There is actually room there for that extra long battery, It's the install that's not as straight-forward.
I think I just get a bit more CCA.

View attachment 403625
Welcome to the forum from socal. Looks like you got some really nice rigs sitting there.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Seriously though, my age would put me as a Gen X but most of my friends are nowhere near my range. Boomers can tell you anything and and everything about weapons and anything newer knows three other weapons to counter or overtake it. Seems best to have a friend base of both sides if it really mattered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019