2021 Yukon XL Denali - third engine and still under 42k miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, my 2012 Denali has been mostly good except for the L94. AFM/DOD issues mostly. I'm going to pull the 6.2 and put in a L96 truck engine. My 2003 Suburban 2500 4x4 has been practically bulletproof. 300,000 plus miles and still solid and reliable. Makes me wonder how things could have devolved so much.
Nothing has devolved. It's just anecdotal experience. I was a GM tech during your years up until the last generation.

Let me tell you that as they got newer they got leaps and bounds better. Sure you still have issues but they are not the norm..you do not understand how many of these are actually sold and that the affected number of issues is relatively small..

Still sucks but thankfully he has warranty. You are one bad service department away from hating whatever it is you drive.

I seriously doubt these engines are failing in their own. Def more to the story.

If he didn't buy new lemon laws don't usually apply. Same with buy back unless the dealer themselves wants to help.

Hopefully they make the OP happy.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hopefully the OP comes back and updates the thread. It's been nearly a week since the initial (and only) post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17