PPV Tow/Haul setting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't remember the threads, maybe Pete does. @Galante

It's those two J-Case fuses right in front of the studs. Not all the trucks are wired the same but in my manual they are 63 and 68. There are others like 6, 10 and 25 that power the controller, trailer back-up lights and trailer parking lights.
m6 x 1 and m8 x 1.25 both coarse thread

Eod1

If you see me running, I would try to keep up.
Reaction score
Don't remember the threads, maybe Pete does. @Galante

It's those two J-Case fuses right in front of the studs. Not all the trucks are wired the same but in my manual they are 63 and 68. There are others like 6, 10 and 25 that power the controller, trailer back-up lights and trailer parking lights.

Yup got them

20190819_162924.jpg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if i install the shift lever with the tow button on it and plug it up will the tahoe recognize it.
didn't you say you added the shifter with tow button and it worked? all it takes is a momentary ground to the bcm, you wouldn't really need to have the shifter all you would need is a bump switch connected to the right connector on the bcm, some of the vans have the tow/haul button on the dash instead of the shifter knob

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, it lights up, i havent really played with it, but i did hit it while going 50 and i saw the rpms jump a bit.
didn't you say you added the shifter with tow button and it worked? all it takes is a momentary ground to the bcm, you wouldn't really need to have the shifter all you would need is a bump switch connected to the right connector on the bcm, some of the vans have the tow/haul button on the dash instead of the shifter knob

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you happen to know which connector and pin that is for the input? I could easily do a pushbutton.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you happen to know which connector and pin that is for the input? I could easily do a pushbutton.
bcm x1 connector (say's it is the light green one) pin #23, see attached photo from gm upfitter guide
that pin would need a momentary ground after the key is in the run position, each time the key is cycled you would need to do a momentary ground just like as if it was on the shift handle.
bcm.JPG

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
bcm x1 connector (say's it is the light green one) pin #23, see attached photo from gm upfitter guide
that pin would need a momentary ground after the key is in the run position, each time the key is cycled you would need to do a momentary ground just like as if it was on the shift handle.
View attachment 259577
Perfect, many thanks. Now I have to find the pin P/N again. I know I’ve saved it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan