PPV, does someone have a list of all differences?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chipped made me giggle

I can tell you the real difference in the tuning is within the ABS, Stability control and torque management. It can make tuning them interesting from my my tuner has said. I'm his first PPV Tahoe, but he has done several Caprice PPVs.

The trick to getting specs, is to get a picture of the RPO sticker in the glovebox and decode it.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity and not knowing the answer- Are these built as RPO list options or a different build sheet?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Email GM at this and request a build sheet with your vin. They send you a build sheet with all RPOs and the RPOs decoded
As of last November, they no longer do this for free. Just got the message today.

“I'm sorry. As of November 2021, we are no longer able to provide this information. However, you can purchase a copy of the vehicle invoice (documentation of the vehicle cost broken out by model and factory options) by visiting www.gmmediaarchive.com. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.”

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As of last November, they no longer do this for free. Just got the message today.

“I'm sorry. As of November 2021, we are no longer able to provide this information. However, you can purchase a copy of the vehicle invoice (documentation of the vehicle cost broken out by model and factory options) by visiting www.gmmediaarchive.com. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.”
Way to go for excellent customer service.

07PPVTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Wow, that sucks. Was such a good service. I got mine Nov 2020 so I havent checked since

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This makes me think how the auto and aerospace companies have killed plastic model building with license fees. That 1/24th scale chevelle was over $25 that last I looked a few years ago.
I agree.

My son is getting into them now and has been able to find a bunch at flea markets and garage sales, but to buy one new is pretty pricey in my opinion. Of course, my model building days were 35 years ago so my memory of pricing may be skewed.

stocksj

Reaction score
I remember in the 2000's I had a 95 and 96 Caprice 9C2 police car and other than the green silicone colling hoses, suspension, a harder 2nd gear shift and a speed limiter lifted it was the same as the later Impala SS. It had a tested speed of 152 mph. Wish I had kept my last one. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kentf3