Pour one out for a fallen Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03X2

Reaction score
Well, after a bunch of work and money, my kid wrecked the car. She's bruised up a bit, but fortunately she'll be just fine.

As for the car, ain't no coming back. The roof is absolutely smashed in, the frame is jacked, and the driver side suspension is in pieces in a field somewhere.

I'm not really sure what I'm gonna do with it since the trans seemed to already be on its way out.

Regardless, I guess I really just wanna give my appreciation to the community here for helping me out so much when I was fixing this thing up. At least the way I figure it, my pockets are lighter but my brain isn't thanks to you guys.
Glad that she’s okay! Trucks can be replaced…….

03X2

Reaction score
Well, after a bunch of work and money, my kid wrecked the car. She's bruised up a bit, but fortunately she'll be just fine.

As for the car, ain't no coming back. The roof is absolutely smashed in, the frame is jacked, and the driver side suspension is in pieces in a field somewhere.

I'm not really sure what I'm gonna do with it since the trans seemed to already be on its way out.

Regardless, I guess I really just wanna give my appreciation to the community here for helping me out so much when I was fixing this thing up. At least the way I figure it, my pockets are lighter but my brain isn't thanks to you guys.
Hey! I can understand your frustrations, however, echoing others here - you know the “benefits and durability” of these vehicles. Let’s find another, salvage what you can, post duplicates, and press on… I haven’t been on here long, however, from what I‘ve seen, I’m sure you’ll have the support of all of us here!!
Gooo Tahoe! Profoun Yukon!
okay, that’s a stretch ——

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like others have said, I’m super glad your daughter is ok. One of the best things about these vehicles is they drive like a car but underneath everything they’re trucks with truck frames and they can take tremendous hits and still protect the occupants where unibody cars crunch like pop cans. If the frame got bent it must have been a helluva rollover. If you could, we’d all like to see pictures.

OP
OP
J

JamesLond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So glad the daughter is fine and hopefully learned from her experience. Sounds like a roll over. The Yukon did it's job. Knowing that, it sounds like you may be leaving the forum. WHY? Get another one and start over with the building or drive the hell out of it. It is a proven commodity after all.
I'll likely continue lurking. I was putting up the cash and fixed this one up for her, but she says she'll handle getting her replacement car.

So if she wants another Yukon, so be it. I'll definitely dissuade her from getting a major fixer upper like this one was if it comes to it though.

It was way too much work and the part & tool prices added up fast even though I did it all on my own.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I'll likely continue lurking. I was putting up the cash and fixed this one up for her, but she says she'll handle getting her replacement car.

So if she wants another Yukon, so be it. I'll definitely dissuade her from getting a major fixer upper like this one was if it comes to it though.

It was way too much work and the part & tool prices added up fast even though I did it all on my own.
Look at the new tool assortment and knowledge you now have. I can attest to one thing though. The older I get, the less I look forward to some mechanical tasks I do on my own rig or on others that I do on the side. Who knew that doing a water pump on a 2005 Duramax required a special 12 point socket and a gear tooth blocking tool that sets in the inspection cover at the transmission/torque converter. I do now. Been a long time since I even thought of 260 ft. lbs. torque.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz