Post up real pictures of your 15 please..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

showtime1k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trying to d cide on the Tahoe or denali, how big is the fuel consumption difference and the hat wheels look good on the denali, just about any looks good on the Tahoe for some reason

justinb181

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just pick up my new 2015 Yukon Denali Iridium with Dark Atmosphere interior, open road package, and 22 inch wheels.

Any pics of the interior? Also any pics of the interior contrasted with the car color? I am about to pull the trigger on a iridium denali with the dark atmosphere interior as well, but it won't be here for a few weeks.

techbrute

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trying to d cide on the Tahoe or denali, how big is the fuel consumption difference and the hat wheels look good on the denali, just about any looks good on the Tahoe for some reason

EPA difference is about 1MPG, I think, but for a real-world comparison, I went from a 2010 Sierra SLE Crew Cab with the 5300 and 6 speed to the 2015 Yukon XL Denali with the 6200 and 8-speed. Despite having 100 more HP than the Sierra and weighing 500 lbs more, I've been getting 1MPG better on the Denali.

I don't rely on the trip computer to tell me that, either. I have literally tracked every drop of gas that went into my Sierra and now my Yukon. I use an app that figures the MPG out based on gas receipts vs miles driving.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't rely on the trip computer to tell me that, either. I have literally tracked every drop of gas that went into my Sierra and now my Yukon. I use an app that figures the MPG out based on gas receipts vs miles driving.

How accurate (or inaccurate) has the trip computer been compared to your calculations?

techbrute

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The trip computer on BOTH vehicles has been almost exactly 1mpg high on every tank. It's weird how consistent it is, yet off every time. . I use the calculations for tracking, but when I am curious on the individual tank, I look at the trip computer and subtract a gallon.

As an aside, towing knocks it down 3-5mpg, depending on the weight.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The trip computer on BOTH vehicles has been almost exactly 1mpg high on every tank. It's weird how consistent it is, yet off every time. . I use the calculations for tracking, but when I am curious on the individual tank, I look at the trip computer and subtract a gallon.

As an aside, towing knocks it down 3-5mpg, depending on the weight.

Good info. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts