Possible leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Amp653

Reaction score
Washed the truck for first time since taking ownership. Came home today and saw fog on front windshield. Telling me there was something leaking slow over time. Looked inside and did not find anything that stood out. I degreased the back storage area floor quite a bit when cleaning but nothing else on inside. Thinking maybe windshield but can’t tell. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Incognito

Reaction score
More than likely you simply got some water into the cabin air intake, which condensed inside windshield. This occurs from the engine heat (heat exchanger) evaporating the water, it coming up through the defroster vents, and then condensing on the cooler glass. Very often in cool humid climates, turning on the defroster will cause the windows to fog up momentarily. Ford Explorers are notorious for this. So long as you're not smelling anti-freeze it shouldn't be a big deal, imo.

Last edited:

captain howdy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Check the roof plugs if you have them. I've had a handful of ex government vehicles and I had to plug holes on all of them. A crown Vic I used to own came with a soda bottle cap shoved in the hole with zero sealant

captain howdy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My current Tahoe was leaking from a hole in the roof in the rear of the truck but was dripping in the front where the seatbelt indicator lights are. The headliner did not appear to be wet but dripping during braking and foggy windows

OP
OP
A

Amp653

Reaction score
I have a plugged hole on one side that appears to have been bondo’d. The single post black antenna is up there and round manilla colored gps track piece. Was thinking of sealing both. Where are roof plugs at?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz