Poor Blackbear Customer Service led to a Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have an idea... For ***** n giggles, call hypertech's 800 number and start jazzing them with some tuning questions. I'd love to hear what they'd say.

"hello, this is peggy from hypertech, how may i help you please?"
"let me transfer you"

:imo:

Wakinvol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My experience with them last week was fantastic. I am completely satisfied so much that I am gonna go autocal with a 93 tune too. I can't believe how much difference it made.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread is probably not the right place for this questions, but other than getting Peggy to answer the phones, it seems to have run its course.

What happens if one gets the 93 tune and fills up with either 89 or 87?

Thanks.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IDK the technical terms but "it will ping and shit, and probably damage your engine"

CEN2MENTAL95

Banned
Reaction score
This thread is probably not the right place for this questions, but other than getting Peggy to answer the phones, it seems to have run its course.

What happens if one gets the 93 tune and fills up with either 89 or 87?

Thanks.

yeah it will ping as the knock sensor tries to retard the timing to compensate for lower octane

the extra $5-$8 for a full tank fill up is well worth it!

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you guys say ping, you mean like an old fashion engine knock?

Just out of curiosity, out happens if say one gets an 87 or 89 tune, and fills up with 93?

Thanks again.

NautiKev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah it will ping as the knock sensor tries to retard the timing to compensate for lower octane

the extra $5-$8 for a full tank fill up is well worth it!

what type of power and gas mileage difference with the 93 oct make?

OP
OP
davez71offroad
Reaction score
I’m glad that yall had a good experience with BB tunes as I’m not trying to argue with anyone this is just a personal experience. I wish I could have done the in person tunes but I just got the car a few weeks ago then maybe I wouldn’t have had to wait around. To make things clear I’m more of a personal person. I like the ability to be able to call someone the minute that I have a problem instead of waiting for a response on email a few days later which is part of the reason why I choose Hypertech.

I’m not doubting any of you when it comes to whether there tunes are better than Hypertech or not. I’m sure they are since they have the ability to change more things on your engine but I was not in the position to sit around and wait on someone to reply to my emails based on whether or not it is important enough. From how I was being treated it didn’t make sense to spend $500 then another 250 to tune my father’s truck then turn around and wait for them to email me back with the information to tune my car two weeks later. I was able to call and order a hypertech programmer and have it at my house the next day and then the tune was installed. With that being said I had to order two of them but they gave me a great deal since I was a previous owner and was buying two.

The main reason I needed to programmer was to change my tires size for a lifted truck. I really didn’t care about all of the other fancy stuff. I did the few things they recommended for the truck and used the 93 tune and that’s good enough for me.

I own a business and one thing that I have learned is that customer service is key to a good business. No matter how important one email is versus the other they are all important if I want to continue to have my business. Some people might feel indifferent about this but I feel like I get more answered over the phone and I’m able to connect with clients more so then emails which is why I call a lot of my customers the minute that I receive emails or have one of my assistants get back with them.

Sorry some of you took this the wrong way. I’m not trying to take anything away from BB tunes or say they aren’t good, but I am saying that they should look into getting a phone that people could call cause then maybe they would be bogged down with emails, just phone calls :).

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

I have an idea... for ***** n giggles, call Hypertech's 800 number and start jazzing them with some tuning questions. I'd love to hear what they'd say.

"Hello, this is Peggy from Hypertech, how may I help you please?"
"Let me transfer you"

Thought you might find this funny but they have a technical support line that you can call directly to TALK to a technician right way. Maybe 1 minute wait but it’s well worth unless you like waiting around 2-3days for an email response.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does hypertech have 24/7 service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork